Accountability Officer (Re-Advertised)
Job Identification: 5989
Job Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Posting Date: 05/08/2022, 09:53 AM
Apply Before: 05/17/2022, 11:59 PM
Job Schedule: Full time
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- Ensure the development of specific Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to run the complaint and feedback mechanism. This include but not limited to, development of tools, guidelines, identification of roles and responsibilities, resource allocation and outlining referral channels for sensitive complaints to the relevant staff
- Communicate and disseminate CFM SOPs, tools, handling and responding to complaints and feedback with the country and conduct training to build the capacity of CFM focal points as well as MEAL, program and relevant staff involved in CFM implementation
- Work closely with Shelter/NFI, Education, LFS, WASH, CCCM and Protection teams to support with collecting, collating, presenting and otherwise managing information for accountability related reports
- Ensure effective and accessible complaints and feedback mechanisms in place in the communities we work with by assessing the preferred mechanisms and establishing communication channels to receive and respond to complaints and feedback.
- Enhance community engagement through community participation and information sharing as well as establishing an effective systems that can feed back into projects design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Develop and maintain a secure and confidential complaint and feedback database and records. Ensure all complaints and feedback are captured properly with the relevant information.
- Validate and triangulate complaints and feedback received for accurate and effective resolution.
- Ensure effective and satisfactory resolution of complaints and handling of complaint within specified timeframe according the NRC CFM standard and policy. Careful handling of complaints that considers the safety of the complainant for sensitive complaints (sexual exploitation and abuse, child abuse, corruption and breach of NRC code of conduct)
- Maintain CFM dashboard and provide regular progress reports on complaints to the MEAL Manager, Head of Programs, Area manager and relevant staff according to NRC reporting standards
- Develop strategy for CFM promotion internally and externally by developing different IEC materials. Develop information sharing mechanism to improve transparency and participation.
- Conducting regular field visits to NRC project locations to monitor the implementation and visibility of CFM
- Training and supervise community mobilizers to conduct mass awareness sessions on NRC available complaint and feedback mechanisms
- Perform any other duties as instructed by the line manager
- University degree in Social Work, International Development, IT or other relevant field is required.
- Two year experience in the field of accountability and CFM in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Very good use of Microsoft applications and specially
- Strong Data collection and Analytical Skills
- Advanced skills and knowledge in IT, Dashboard development and data presentation
- Excellent oral and written English skills
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
About the Team
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Geneva leads NRC’s representation with the IASC and UN agencies, and coordinates donor engagement with the UN and Swiss donors. NRC strives to assist and protect vulnerable and displaced people during crises, especially in situations of conflict. Established in 1946, NRC is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation working in around 31 countries with approximately 14’000 staff. NRC employs a rights based approach, challenging those with responsibility to uphold the rights of displaced people set out within national and International Laws. NRC endeavors to secure the acceptance of local stakeholders for activities and is committed to the principles of humanity, neutrality, independence and impartiality.
NRC seeks to engage with all relevant actors in order to promote the full respect for the rights of displaced and vulnerable people; secure and maintain access for humanitarian operations and promote the achievement of durable solutions. NRC Geneva, with the Internal Displacement Monitoring Center (IDMC), are NRC’s primary presence in Geneva.
How to Apply
To apply, click on the below link:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from NRC
Shelter Sub National Cluster Coordinator (Re-advertised)Deadline:22 May | Hajjah
DriverDeadline:21 May | Aden
Monitoring & Evaluation AssistantDeadline:21 May | Aden