Finance Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Finance Officer
- Grade: D1
- Organizational Unit: Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS)
- Report To: YRCS Finance Manager, PPP program coordinator DRC Finance Manager.
- Duty Station: YRCS HQ
- Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
1. BACKGROUND AND CONTEXT
Since 2007, the Danish Red Cross (DRC) has been working in Yemen in a strong bilateral partnership with the YRCS. The partnership has supported the organization's branch development, as well as its operations in health, psychosocial support (PSS), disaster management/preparedness and WASH. DRC is currently leading the implementation of DG ECHO funded PROGRAMMATIC PARTNERSHIP PROGRAMME (PPP) focusing in health and WASH in two governorates (Sayon and Dhamar) with the support of other movement partners (GRC, NRC, IFRC and YRCS). The Finance Officer will be responsible for management and reporting on financial aspects of program implementation in HQ & branches.
Under the supervision of YRCS finance coordinator at the HQ and guidance from DRC finance manager in YRCS HQ, the Finance Officer will implement and support overall finance management and branches. S/he will ensure funds are utilized for approved activity and budget in accordance to YRCS and Danish Red Cross (DRC) finance procedure and guidelines.
3. KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage funds in accordance with DRC standard procedures and policies.
- Ensure that the financial management systems are updated, functional, timely, correct and strictly followed by program staff.
- Responsible for development and management payments relate to the program.
- Daily management of financial issues, including ensuring bills is paid correctly and timely.
- Monitor all services and their payments (use of mobiles and telephones, fax, email, photocopy etc.).
- Undertake regular visits to the project branches to monitor and support implementation of financial systems.
- Management and supervision of payments, consultancy fees, per-diem, etc.
- Check invoices submitted by branches, activity and account coding and correct preparation of vouchers.
- Carry out weekly and monthly cash counts together with PPP program coordinator.
- Report promptly on any administrative or financial irregularities encountered to the program coordinator, finance manager at HQ, DRC finance manager and delegates.
- Actively research solution when the implementation of the activities requires financial adjustments.
- Supported by the PPP Program coordinator prepare quarterly and yearly detailed activity-based budgets corresponding to activity plans.
- Prepare and forward monthly reports to PPP program coordinator, DRC Finance manager and YRCS finance manager officer in HQ on financial implementation according to DRC finance policy with cash requests.
- Supervise monthly bank reconciliation.
- Participate in periodic reviews, audits and evaluations, when requested.
- Participate in weekly staff coordination meeting, and other relevant meetings, when required.
- Ensure that the Program Officers at branches are well informed about all financial aspects of the program at all times.
4. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION
- University education in accounting or similar knowledge learned.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with international accounting procedures.
- Familiar with one or more accounting systems.
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks (good time management skills)
- Fluently spoken and written in English.
- Good computer skills.
5. PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Good organizational skills.
- Cooperative attitude.
- Flexibility to adjust to the organizational needs and constraints, and to the needs of the recipients.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and good motivator.
- Ability to deal with complex situations.
- Familiar with cross-cultural cooperation.
- Open and honest.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل