Admin Assistant (Guest House)
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day
This job is found in WFP Yemen, Aden. The Job holder reports to a Head of Unit, Chief, Administration Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holder is expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holder is able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Use the global corporate Digital Office with booking, occupancy, invoicing and reporting services under the Global Accommodation Corporate Booking Service.
Be responsible for running the Accommodation Service and take care of standard maintenance and propose extraordinary maintenance.
Ensure each WFP-provided accommodation premises are properly recorded in the corporate facilities databases. In circumstances where WFP-provided accommodation is closed, the Accommodation Focal Point must ensure that the relevant records in corporate facilities databases are clearly marked as closed.
Ensure booking requests received through dedicated communication channels are reflected in the
Global Accommodation Corporate Booking Service.
Check official dedicated inbox on a regular basis and respond to all emails and inquires related to accommodation and guesthouse management through the same mailbox.
Allocate sleeping space. Plan best allocation and utilization of physical space and resources for the premises.
Ensure the WFP accommodation agreement is duly signed by guests and residents upon assignment of an accommodation.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 2
Conduct on a regular basis the accommodation inspections to ensure quality standards are met, proper supplies are available, and assets are duly registered in corporate systems and are in a proper state.
Supervise and manage the performance of external suppliers to ensure quality and reliable services to visitors.
Follow guidelines issued by the Head of Administration and the WFP Global Accommodation Manager.
Administration and reporting:
Ensure accommodation invoices are properly issued and signed by each visitor/ resident.
Produce monthly accommodation occupancy report including those for the use of Finance to charge for the accommodation fees.
Ensure timely receipt of payments and regular reconciliation of the accommodation accounts. Submit weekly/monthly reports to the Head of Administration on occupancy and status of accommodation accounts
Ensure the proper handover of the accommodation service duties, including the use of the Digital
Office, to alternates for temporary or permanent basis.
Draft correspondence to respond to inquiries to relevant matters.
Maintain a proper filing and database including, but not limited to, the expenses under areas of responsibility.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES - PART 3
Supervision and interpersonal relation:
Perform constant evaluation and coaching of staff under supervision providing proper guidance for work improvement.
Identify problems in administrative areas and suggest alternative solutions to resolve issues. Alternate with other Administration staff as required by the Head of Administration.
Serve as the Accommodation Service focal point for all WFP locations in the country, maintain regular contacts with Accommodation staff in other locations. Provide guidance and ensure that all relevant standards, policies and procedures are duly implemented.
Perform other related duties as required by the supervisor
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English AND Arabic languages.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Exhibits ability to convert business plans into clear actions for team members to support the implementation of the program. Collects and reports data to draw out fact-based insights.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to immediate client’s critical activities.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated an ability to perform all routine administrative activities in line with WFPs operating standards through day to day work
- Has supported in providing ad-hoc guidance to new staff members
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (month/year)
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 08 December 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from WFP
National Administration Officer(General Admin & Procurement)Deadline:05 Dec | Hodiedah
Administration Associate (Facilities & Assets)Deadline:05 Dec | Hodiedah
Programme Associate (M&E)Deadline:08 Dec | Aden
Monitoring AssistantDeadline:08 Dec | Aden
Admin Assistant (Travel)Deadline:08 Dec | Aden