Nutrition Assistant & Workers Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Nutrition Assistant & Workers Supervisor
Position Title: Nutrition Assistant & Workers Supervisor
Project Location : Yemen, Aden Gov.
Based : Aden
Posting Date: 28-JUL-2022
Application Deadline : 10-AUG-2022
Position Category: Full-time (School Meals Project Staff)
Languages Required : English / Arabic
Duration of Initial Contract : 3 months with property of extension
Required position numbers 1
The Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in the in Aden, Yemen. It was founded in 1995.The SHS provides assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen every year. The organization also assists the local community in Yemen. The NGO won the Nansen Refugee Award, dedicated by the UNCHR. SHS has partnerships with UNCHR, OCHA, and WFP.
Key Jobs Responsibilities (TOR):
The Quality Control Officer will perform the following functions:
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is one of the leading National Non-Governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to provide humanitarian services and care to poor and vulnerable families. These noble intervention is aimed at contributing to the improvement of the conditions of those in need of within a comprehensive relief, sustainable recovery and development in the targeted communities.
The role & Responsibility – TOR:
- Providing dieticians with the facility's meal and menu planning.
- Obtaining dietary information and assessing the nutritional habits of children.
- Recording individual risk factors or dietary restrictions that might impact meal planning.
- Coordinating meal plans with nutritionists and healthcare professionals.
- Performing ongoing nutrition assessments, including the measurement of caloric intake and activity levels.
- Facilitating immediate interventions for signs of malnutrition, allergic reactions, or refusal to eat.
- Assisting in meal distribution, ensuring correctly delivered, and timely served meals.
- Maintaining proper sterilization protocols in the clearing away and cleaning of plates and utensils.
- Safely discarding leftover portions to prevent the spread of disease.
- Instructing children on nutrition plans and healthy eating habits.
Nutrition Assistant Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in nutrition, health, and wellness, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role preferred.
- Extensive experience in obtaining dietary information and assessing requirements.
- Knowledge of meal and menu planning.
- Experience in educating children and their families on nutrition and dietary requirements.
- Advanced ability to collaborate on nutrition plans and facilitate interventions, when required.
- Ability to follow prescribed meal provision standards and protocols.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in a related subject.
- At least 3 - 5 years’ experience working in food security.
- Previous experience in a humanitarian setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and representative skills (written, oral, cross - cultural).
- Experience working with governments, UN bodies, INGOs and local NGOs.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل