Finance Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Duty Station [Hajjah]
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
About the job
The Finance Officer will facilitate the efficient and effective financial operation of DRC field office. He/She will ensure compliance with DRC rules and regulations as described in the Operations Handbook (OH) alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
She/he will seek and receive policy guidance/ instructions and support from Team Leader on his/her responsibilities.
Geographic scope: Country (Yemen – Hajjah)
The duty station of the finance officer will be based in Hajjah with possibility to move to the field frequently and other offices for support if needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all payments of Hajjah and ensuring proper documentation with correct code and the process according to DRC policies and procedures
- Work as a focal point for DRC sub partners and reviewing clearances ensuring the accuracy of all submitted reports.
- DRC Dynamics focal person to assist program team to DRC Dynamics tasks.
- Conduct DRC Dynamics training for program.
- Archiving finance documents according to TDL per project.
- Cross Checking the supporting documents while archiving & matching with TDL.
- Follow up on cash advance clearance.
- Review and handling the expenses reports, travel requests and cash advances via DRC Dynamics.
- Responsible for preparing fund requests as needed after collecting all forecasts from program.
- Review and check the quality of the scanned financial supporting documentation.
- Ensure that Hajjah vouchers documents are scanned, archived in DRC Finance Store.
- To be a focal point from finance department and liaison with SC department to train the program staff in Hajjah office on raising PRs, submitting Expense Reports, Per diem and Travel Request on DRC Dynamics.
- Any other duties requested by supervisors.
- Will adhere to all Local Safety Rules and approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), to ensure the safe and secure implementation of activities for staff, stakeholders, and partners.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all subordinates fully understand and abide by Local Safety Rules, approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and safety incident reporting practices.
- Any other relevant task as may be assigned by supervisor.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/Finance
- At least two years in similar organization or audit experience for more than a year.
- Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Advance English.
- Experience in soft accounting systems, experience with ERP Dynamics is a plus.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
University degree in relevant area.
- Fluency in English language (written and spoken).
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Fluency in Arabic language (written and spoken).
Contract length: DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract till 31 December 2024, renewable dependent on both funding and performance.
Work place: Hajjah with travel to the field.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for National. This position will be placed at level (NMH2).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل