Data Entry Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Data Entry Assistant
Location: Based in Sa'ada Field Office
Reporting to: Project Manager
Start Date: July 2021
Contract Duration: 6 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
Data Entry Assistant Job Description
"He/ She will be based at the field in Sa'ada sub-office and will collect data obtained from the field staff in all project stages including the registration and verification, complaint and feedback data, assessments, etc...
Salary includes (Basic Salary, Transportation Allowance, Appearance Allowance, Social Security, Income Tax and Medical Insurance) a detailed breakdown has been uploaded in the documents tab under budget documents
- Ensure collect, clean & feed data timely in good quality (100%)
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and develop status of database reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of database of beneficiaries and related data during registration and verification in FAMS/Kobo systems.
- Cleaning data of beneficiaries
- Contribute on development of relevant data collection tools and monitoring as well as development of data and information storage.
- Enter data into appropriate fields; databases, records, and files and database improvement.
- Update databases & records with new information on time given by project manager
- Transfer & update data from written records, interviews, and paper formats via computer, recorders, or scanners
- Handle numerical data accurately
- Create and organizing spreadsheets with large numbers
- Comply with security backups and regular checks to ensure data is saved and stored properly
- Summarizing and compiling data for standardized reports and save it properly as hard and soft copy in NFDHR systems to be easy to reach when required.
- Collect and extract relevant information from the project database on regular basis, ensuring provision of information / Data upon request.
- Check the date and comparing the source documents correctly and identifying problems on database and taking appropriate action after discussing with the management.
- Interpret data, analyze results and visualization of data capture efforts by field teams using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Ensure that appropriate security measures are taken to prevent unauthorized access to data according to date protection policy and procedures.
- Establish good practice of tablet data capture from design and form building.
- Capacity building and training implementation of program staff on information management tools and processes.
- Ensure the project teams update all program progress in the system on time, and all collected data is uploaded.
- Produce monthly progress reports of project including accurate comparison of targets versus achievement.
- Participation in meetings or training with donors.
- Ensure adherence with NFDHR policies, tools, and guidelines.
- Other activities agreed and discussed with the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Bachelor’s degree in information or data management and processing field or its equivalent.
2. Minimum 2 years of previous experience in data management for humanitarian or development projects.
3. Management roles preferably in complex emergency programs for INGOs.
4. Experience in Information Management field in a humanitarian context.
5. Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
6. Practical experience in dealing with electronic data collection, using Kobo tool.
7. Attention to details.
9. Very good use of Microsoft applications and specially Excel and Word.
10. Good written English and ability to write good quality reports.
11. Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل