Finance & Administration Manager This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Finance & Administration Manager 1
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of Posts: 1 Post
Duty Station: Taiz, Turrba
Finance & Administration Manager 1 is accountable for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting and for reporting from the field. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel, in a given delegation/other structure, and acts as Human Resources and/or Logistics Manager in the absence of a dedicated specialist.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Supervises, or is in charge of, the accounts of the delegation/structure; may be asked to contribute to preparing the annual budget/monthly forecast and risk reporting, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations. Ensures compliance with statutory reporting requirements (i.e. taxes and social security, the latter in close collaboration with the Human Resources Manager), and regularly assesses the financial situation (including treasury) of the delegation/structure.
- Acts as adviser, trainer and coach on all financial or economic matters for the teams running humanitarian projects.
- Is responsible for drawing up contingency measures to respond to critical changes in the operating context.
- Interprets institutional guidelines and policies in light of the local context; sees to it that these are strictly applied and monitored, ensuring compliance with ethical standards and mitigating financial risks.
- Acts as co-signatory and finance interface for both authorities and commercial parties (suppliers, banks etc.).
- Provides reliable forecasts and budget data to Management.
- Where no Human Resources Manager is deployed, is responsible for locally hired staff, with dotted-line reporting to the Human Resources Coordinator for the delegation/region.
- Oversees day-to-day financial management and maintenance of offices and residential premises; maintains an appropriate security set-up, including safe accommodation for all mobile staff.
- Supports the Head of Delegation/other structure in establishing (and updating) the Risk Assessment for the delegation/structure, focusing on risks related to real estate and finance. Implements and monitors risk-mitigation measures in his/her area of responsibility, in close liaison with technical departments.
- In cooperation with technical departments and the sustainability team at headquarters, initiates and leads measures to reduce energy consumption and implements "gap-closing" measures identified in the Sustainability Assessment.
- Internally, interacts with the Head of Delegation/ structure and with other departments in the field, and with the Head of Finance & Administration Sector at headquarters.
- Externally, interacts with financial authorities (tax authorities, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, embassies) and suppliers (e.g. Heads of Finance).
- Certifications/Education Required
- High school diploma or equivalent training.
- Excellent command of English other languages an asset.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Professional Experience Required
- 3 years' confirmed practical experience in finance, management or human resources, including at least 1 year in financial accounting/controlling.
- Experience in an international working environment, abroad or with an international organization/development agency.
- People management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary- and client-focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل