Community Health/ICCM Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Community Health/iCCM Officer.
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The Community Health/iCCM Officer will be responsible for supporting MHTs in providing health education, working with community in arranging place/site for MHT. In addition, CHO will be responsible for supporting iCCM program in the provision of treatment of key illnesses for children under five. He/She will support the iCCM CHVs on timely treatment of children for diseases such as pneumonia and diarrhea, as two of the highest contributors to morbidity in most areas in Yemen. The CHO will be responsible for sensitizing the communities and supporting them identifying main health problems and help them how to address those health problems. Also identify treatment interventions and actions that should take for treating child under 5 years from diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition, referral of children with danger signs, pre-referral treatment of those children, and provide treatment at home.
- Identify and report immediately to the Community Health/iCCM Manager any problem that may interfere in achieving program objectives.
- Compiling reports from supervisors and give a feedback and ensure that reports are of good quality through regular verification of the data and meet the indicator expectations.
- Data collection, insertion, data processing analysis and develop a report.
- Detail the achievements and share the lessons via conduct a regular monthly meeting with team, volunteers, and community committee members to discuss all related issues.
- Develop a monthly plan and discuss with the team the require activities that need to be implemented.
- Conduct a regular supervision visit to supervise and evaluate the field activities and provide a regular feedback to community health volunteers in a constructive way and accurately address the training gaps during encouraging supervision visits.
- Ensure that the community volunteers have adequate stocks and provide the medicines according to previous month consumption.
- Preparation PR and follow-up with finance section and SC and ensure the availability of the require logistic (medicine and CHVs supplies and IEC material.
- Assist in the training needs, coordinate training sessions and community meeting.
- Assess, classify and handle the sick child aged two months up to five years for danger signs, symptoms and conditions in regard Diarrhea, pneumonia and sever acute malnutrition diseases, and all other problems are referred.
- Conduct weekly supervisor meeting with CHSs.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by Supervisor.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities)
- He /she should have medical education background with experiences in public health programs; Minimum one-year professional experience in implementing and supervising community health mobilization project and coordinated Child Care Program
- Proven track record in crafting community mobilization, sensitization and awareness raising activities
- Training and capacity building skills
- Excellent knowledge of the working environment
- INGO experience preferred
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
- Computer literacy is desirable
- Proficiency in English preferred
- Ability to work after office hours to achieve assigned tasks as per need & priority
The IRC and IRC workers are expected to adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل