Project Assistant (Protection) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Project Assistant (Protection)
- Organizational Unit: Protection
- Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
- IOM Classification: M 4
- Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract,6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2022.096
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Sunday, 27th November 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall supervision of the National Programme Officer (Protection) and the direct supervision of Senior Programme Assistant (Protection) to support the coordination on site migrant services in line with IOM principles, protection principles and programming objectives. The individual will support the implementation of activities and activities of additional staff on site supporting logistics, deliver and monitoring of conditions of migrants and other vulnerable populations.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation of day-to-day activities of unit.
2. Support the team in coordinating on site logistics, administration, and delivery of assistance of NFIs, hygiene materials, referrals (for medical support), and on-going services for migrants ensuring their safety, well-being and dignity is upheld at all times, as guided by the supervisors.
3. In coordination with the Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance) support registration activities of migrants where voluntary humanitarian returns are being initiated in close collaboration with the Senior Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance) in Sana’a.
4. Support IOM Protection’s front-liner role in the various locations for emergency preparedness and response mechanisms.
5. Assist in conducting daily visits around the IOM CBC to observe, identify, and collect information on the situation of the migrants, noting and reporting on gaps that may exist in service provision.
6. Monitor the state of the locations where IOM is providing assistance to migrants.
7. Collect data on and report any incidents, threats, or risks in the camp using the Incident Report Form.
8. Monitor food distributions and other assistance to ensure equal access, non-discrimination, protection of extremely vulnerable individuals, and compliance with Codes of Conduct.
9. Conduct regular focus group discussions or other conversational forums with the community to understand their perceptions of service provision to all migrants.
10. Flag protection issues including persons with special needs or extreme vulnerabilities to allow tailored support where required.
11. Provide weekly progress updates, prepare success stories, and provide inputs to donor reporting as required; send ad hoc situation analysis/activity reports whenever needed.
12. Assist in promoting gender equality within the team and in the programme implementation under the guidance of the Senior Project Assistant (Migrant Assistance).
13. Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree (B.S.c) in social science, business administration or other relevant discipline.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar position, with good understanding of the socio-political context in Yemen
- Experience in a complex working environment;
- Understanding of standards and practices in migrant protection and assistance;
- Understanding of protection principles and experience in humanitarian emergency response;
- Prior professional experience with a humanitarian organization is required;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Good level of IT literacy (MS. Word & Excel).
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own
- action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل