Program Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Program Assistant
Starting Date: 08/07/2021
Application Deadline: 15/7/2021
Duty Station: Country Office (Yemen)
VHI is an international NGO, with its head office based in Germany. Vision Hope’s Focus region is Middle East and North Africa (MENA). As of today, we have offices based in Yemen, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, and Germany, with plans to begin projects in Palestine and Lebanon soon. In keeping with the goal of creating sustainable development, the project’s are run mostly by local individuals, who are already part of the community being transformed.
The Program Assistant will work under the supervision of the Head of Program to assist him with new program development and strategy, and ensure effective program coordination and technical support, monitoring and evaluation, quality assurance and accountability (if requested). S/he will represent VHI program to donors, major stakeholders, relevant government authorities and other program partners. S/he will be responsible to ensure program compliance of donor regulations, as well as VHI policies and procedures. S/he will have the first role in medical and nutritional programs
- Maintain a central role in developing/implementing VHI strategy, ensuring that existing programs contribute to strategic goals, objectives and targets.
- Set direction by prioritizing and organizing actions and resources to achieve program and VHI objectives.
- Assist the identification of new initiatives and opportunities that respond to identified needs and contribute to the objectives of the country strategy.
- Assist conducting analyses to determine humanitarian/development gaps and how Vision Hope International should position itself to best serve the needs of beneficiaries.
- Assist the development of solicited and unsolicited proposals and concept notes.
- Assist in the development of annual, quarterly, monthly and donor reports.
COORDINATION AND REPRESENTATION
- Coordinate with all related clusters.
- Effective communication with external partners/stakeholders and other organizations operating in targeted area for coordination and partnership opportunities.
- Establish close and productive relationships with donors, national government authorities, private sector actors, and other NGOs in close coordination with the Head of Program, Project/Program Managers and Technical Coordinators.
- Represent Vision Hope International at all relevant coordination meetings.
- Coordinate with other INGOs to consolidate VHI strategic and comparative advantages, while identifying strategic partnerships.
- Ensure Vision Hope International participation in a variety of external forums/workshops/conference/sector coordination meetings to share best practices and findings with the government and development community.
PROGRAM IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT
- Provide assistance in all aspects of program coordination to ensure consistent quality, including the incorporation of cross-cutting themes, lessons learned and best practices.
- Facilitate the coordination between different programs and ensure that program managers and technical coordinators are able to work together effectively according to program work plans.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and partners, and aligned with Vision Hope International principles, values and strategy.
- Work with Project/Program Managers to ensure adherence to grant agreements, VHI policies and procedures and relevant external rules and regulations.
- Assist supporting Program Managers to oversee performance of partners, sub-grantees and technical contractors.
- Conduct frequent field visits to all project sites for monitoring, quality control and program staff mentoring and coaching.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance reviews.
- Assess team members capacities, provide support using training, mentoring and coaching techniques and raising general capacity gaps.
- Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance, and reach objectives.
PROGRAM STANDARDS AND REPORTING
- Ensure that program documentation and program standards are consistently adhered to.
- Ensure that a comprehensive reporting schedule and quarterly planning process are maintained and adhered to according to requirements.
- Ensure that donor reports produced by the Programs team effectively demonstrate the impact of Vision Hope International’s program interventions.
- Review all reports to ensure a high-quality product.
- Assist in the program needs and that program staff are adhering to both donor and Vision Hope International procedures and regulations.
- Assist in ensuring adequate performance reviews are done on time, and that staff are given constant feedback on work performance and key priorities.
- REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Head of Program
- WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Projects Managers, MEAL Manager
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in medical field or any related fields
- 2 years of experience in development programs, including demonstrable success in managing large, transitional development programs.
- Prior experience in budget and grant management, report writing and coordination of staff and activities,
- Experience in designing and managing humanitarian response and development programs.
- Experience in situation analysis, rapid need assessments and program implementation,
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of integrated emergency programme activities.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with host country government, private sector, INGO, NGO partners and other stakeholders in complex environments.
- Excellent writing skills and experience with proposal development processes with prior experience.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل