MEAL AAP Assistant
Job Title : MEAL Accountability to Affected Population (AAP) Assistant
Duty Station: Sanaa, Yemen
International Medical Corps is a global humanitarian organization saving and rebuilding lives through health care, training and community development. International Medical Corps works alongside International Medical Corps Worldwide, responding to humanitarian emergencies and communities afflicted by conflict, poverty and natural disaster in more than 20 countries around the world.
The AAP Assistant is responsible for promoting accountability mechanisms across all programs to fulfill IMC’s minimum accountability standards, especially with regards to communications and community engagement (information sharing), beneficiaries’ meaningful participation, feedback, complaints handling, and monitoring, evaluation and learning. The Accountability Assistant will support implementing the Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanisms (CBFRM), as the first line of contact for receiving, reviewing, addressing and responding to beneficiary feedback and complaints. The position holder will work closely with program staff to ensure the integration of accountability best practices in project design implementation and will coordinate closely with MEAL, program, and senior management staff to ensure that beneficiary complaints and feedback are properly addressed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. IMC’s policies, guidelines, and procedures
- Actively promote Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) standards within IMC and amongst its beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of Code of Conduct, humanitarian principles and Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) commitments.
- Apply the basic accountability and learning concepts with a specific focus on accountability to affected populations (AAP).
- Oversee IMC’s adherence to Do No Harm and the conflict sensitivity (Safe and Effective Humanitarian Response) framework at the missions.
2. Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data effectively at through call center ensuring confidentiality and security of all feedback received.
- Ensure data entry using an electronic database. Follow up responses from Program teams to be communicated back to beneficiaries.
- Maintain effective Accountability system (data collection of cross-cutting indicators).
- Ensure that AAP data is collected routinely throughout project cycle (not just at project mid and endpoints, enabling corrective action).
- Contribute to maintain Community Based Feedback and Response Mechanism (CBFRM) Procedures as per organizational CBFRM Guidelines.
- Provide support to MEAL team on establishing and maintaining effective feedback mechanisms for decision making, fully in line with commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP), including IASC CAAP, CHS, and Sphere Humanitarian Charter.
- Support field MEAL team by providing necessary information to beneficiaries about IMC, project details and beneficiary entitlements. This will include drafting standardized and project specific information packs which will be delivered verbally or through posters / other mechanisms.
- Support the implementation of accountability assessment in consultation with communities on their preferences based on the operational context.
3. Information Sharing and Presentation
- Present AAP data in simplified yet informative formats, depicting disaggregated community perceptions on quality of humanitarian actions and accountability commitments.
- Support and produces digital and printable information and communications materials such as reporting documents, story and photo books, information sheets, calendars, email bulletins, banners, leaflets, field visibility items and social media content.
- Support development, improvement and/or editing of artwork, photographs, charts and other graphic elements.
- Support in design of data visualizations and infographics
- Deliver creative and innovative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentations and reports.
Reporting to: MEAL AAP Officer
directly supervise: None
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to social sciences, graphic design, or other related disciplines; or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and familiarity with Microsoft Publisher.
- Minimum of 1 year of applied experience with a humanitarian organization.
- Familiarity with and experience in key concepts and commitments regarding accountability to affected populations (AAP) e.g., IASC CAAP, CHS, Sphere Humanitarian Charter and Protection Principles.
- Understanding of data protection and confidentiality as part of data collection and management practices, and respect and maintain confidentiality.
- High-level proficiency Arabic/English (Speaking – Reading – Writing).
- Excellent report writing skills in English.
- Support innovation and organizational change when needed.
- Have the analytical, conceptual, and thinking skills.
- Build collaborative relationships and stimulate collaboration across different departments.
- Strong empathy skills, patience and genuine care and respect for needs of vulnerable populations.
- The ability to work in a systematic and organized manner.
- The ability to prioritize competing demands.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your CV to IMC-YemenHR@internationalmedicalcorps.org and write the job title in the subject line of the email.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل