Civil Society Advocacy and Media Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
TITLE: Civil Society Advocacy and Media Coordinator
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Yemen Country Office
LOCATION: CO (with some trips to the field)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months (Renewable)
Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/ or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding policy.
Yemen is now classified by Save the Children as a Category 1 emergency and is therefore a high priority for Save the Children’s humanitarian advocacy. This therefore requires dedicated capacity.
The post-holder will work as a coordinator for advocacy of national civil society organisations in Yemen, particularly linked to the localization initiative, and a wide range of external actors, to ensure voices of Yemeni civil society are coordinated and lead on advocacy products designed and developed for local civil society organisations. This will be done through the development of advocacy and media products and the building of robust relationships with local organizations in the country.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Advocacy and Campaigns Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibility: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Development and operationalize an Advocacy, Media and Campaigns strategy for local civil society organisations, focusing on their priorities including analysing policy gaps, and identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders
- Engage with external stakeholders, including other INGOs and UN actors, and others to ensure up-to-date information and policy analysis on the situation for conflict-affected populations in Yemen, challenges, funding, policy priorities, coordination, and other issues.
- Support the local civil society organisations and to develop risk assessments for the activities and objectives.
- Support several programs across the country office with high impact campaigning working that would impact programs in different locations
Advocacy and situation analysis & materials
- Provide analysis of short- and long-term issues for Yemen’s, particularly economy, education, protection, and localization, as well as of other factors such as UN coordination, funding for the response, security and current and future challenges
- Identify key campaign opportunities and targets at local and national levels, and mobilize programme and management advocacy support for these
- Ensure strong linkages between local civil society organisations and international actors, delivering their products and voices around key moments.
- Support the production of advocacy material, including letters, briefs and press releases, on behalf of the Yemen civil society organisations
Representation and coordination
- Ensure coordination of advocacy messages and activities between the different civil society organisations
- Support the identification and relationship building with key stakeholders for campaigns and advocacy at the local, national and international levels
- Work with other communication and media colleagues in different civil society organisations to identify new stories and angles that might be of interest internationally.
- Develop campaigns products in Arabic and in English, targeting local, national and international stakeholders
- Work with INGOs communications and advocacy colleagues to design and produce campaigns and advocacy content.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- To perform such other responsibilities as agreed with your line management.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling Save the Children values
- Applies the technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within the organisation.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and takes responsibility for own personal development
- Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future oriented and thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues and partners
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutionsIntegrity:
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Always acts in the best interests of children
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least five years of experience working in campaigns, advocacy, media and/or communication
- Bachelor degree in political science, language, mass communications, international relations, law or other relevant disciplines
- Experience with an international organisation
- Experience developing and delivering campaigns products
- Proven experience in producing content for a wide range of audiences and styles, with an innovative, creative approach.
- Evidence of excellent verbal and written communication skills in English & Arabic, for a wide range of different audiences including children, families, communities and the ‘general public’
- An initiative-taking, proactive, and flexible attitude with the ability to manage and prioritise an unpredictable workload and solve problems quickly with limited support
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to Save the Children values
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل