Psychosocial Support Supervisor
National Staff Position
Position: Psychosocial Support Supervisor
Job Site: 2Posts: Taiz City (1 post)-Al- Turba (1 Post)
Reports to: Activity Coordinators and Protection Officer (Technically)
Supervise: PSS Workers, Psychologist, Psychiatrist, Lawyer
INTERSOS is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
Project title: Emergency multi-sector response for Yemen in Taiz Governorates
The project provides an integrated multi-sector response within Taiz governorates, further building on previous BHA-funded actions. The new intervention aims at enlarging the geographical coverage area in order to address specific gaps and needs, with particular attention to Taiz city, considering the high concentration of IDPs and the limited humanitarian presence in this area (especially for protection). The project provides for protection services (prevention and response), combined with nutritional care and treatment for CU5 and PLW suffering from acute malnutrition, and with WASH services for conflict affected communities. The WASH component provides targeted communities with both soft and hard services, including rehabilitation of drinking water supply and outreach through hygiene promotion.
Psychosocial Support Supervisor will work closely with AC, CMSs, SWs, Psychologist, and CFS animators to ensure that all protection activities under the project are designed and implemented at high efficiency.
Activities include supporting identified children and adults through the provision collective structured and semi-structured psychosocial/psychological support. PSS Supervisor has to facilitate appropriate flow of communication between Volunteers, SWs and AC to ensure consistency and effectiveness of the assistance provided. PSS Supervisors role shall contribute to strengthening of the CP, WPE, and PwSN system defined by INTERSOS project in terms of referral pathway and case management.
CP CMS should act according to the protection guiding principles of confidentiality, safety, and do not harm, non-discrimination. The PSS Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that protection principles are understood, maintained and enforced.
1. Supervise the activities related to collective structured and semi-structured psychosocial/psychological support for children and adults in the intervention location (CC, CFSs, and CBOs) in accordance with all PSS steps and related tools and procedures
2. Through observation and regular evaluations, oversee and ensure the quality of activities implemented by PSS Workers.
3. Provide regular monitoring and provide adequate feedback to PSS workers to improve the activities.
4. Develop sessions based on the needs of targeted communities. In collaboration with the Protection Officer, contribute to the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of interventions for the PSS Workers, and targeted beneficiaries.
5. Monitor and supervise the process of identification of participants by the PSS Workers Based on the established criteria, identify and register the beneficiaries for the program.
6. Work closely with WPE, CP and PWSN teams to ensure responses are reflective of the needs of beneficiaries.
7. Recommend, participate, and put in place capacity building plans.
8. Provide technical support and guidance to the PSS Workers and partners on PSS activities increase their knowledge, skills, and confidence of staff.
9. Ensure close coordination and regular meetings with CP Activity Coordinator, CMSs and Protection Officer to discuss needs of groups in depth to ensure timely and effective provision of support.
10. Conduct FGDs and other relevant tools that aims to measure the wellbeing of affected community members.
Coordination & Representation
11. Attend meetings and workshop/training as requested by the Protection Officer like PSS Trainings, and meetings
12. Lead weekly internal PSS meetings.
13. Organize CM meetings with CP service providers when needed.
Monitoring & Reporting
14. Draft reports on PSS activities and contribute to regular reports.
15. Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation tools are completed with data inputted, analyzed and shared with teams on a regular basis.
16. Assist in the development and adaptation of documents, M&E and reporting tools.
17. Through observation and regular evaluations, oversee and ensure the quality of activities implemented by the PSS Workers.
18. Develop training materials and deliver trainings aimed to build the capacity of the staff.
19. Ensure all data is systematically completed and archived, plus accurate reporting of activities.
20. Take regular samples of M&E forms (attendance sheets, consent forms, Feedback tools) to check the quality of the PSS activity records (share findings with protection officer, Protection coordinator).
21. Communicate regularly with teams for updates on achievements and challenges.
22. Provide written feedback about protection incidents and issues.
23. Commit to participate in any other task in order to achieve the project’s overall objectives.
24. Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
1. Coordinate with CC Coordinator to send Stock Requests in timely manner, ensure well tracking of stock released and frequent reconciliation with logistics.
2. Coordinate with CC Coordinator for stock follow-up and alert in timely manner about estimated quantity needed.
3. Flag operational constraints in a timely manner to CC Coordinator, Project Manager and logistics.
4. Coordinate the team’s movement on the ground and ensure cost effective use of available resources.
5. Share monthly/weekly movement plans or missions, including with CC coordinator.
• Hold an BA in social services or social sciences
• At least 3 years of professional experience working as social worker in Yemen, in particular case management for WAR, CP and PwSN.
• Demonstrated familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures.
• Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with different sectoral counterparts/referral pathways.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
• Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS
• Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English-ability to communicate in English and write clear and concise reports in English required
• Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
• Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
• Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
• Practical and problem-solver
• Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
How to Apply
- Deadline for submission of application: 22 September 2021
- Documents to be submitted: CV and Motivation Letter (incomplete applications will be not considered), in addition to contact details for minimum 2 reference persons (include position and relation)
- How to send the application: by e-mail to email@example.com (applications delivered by hand will be not considered)
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from INTERSOS
Livelihood OfficerDeadline:22 Sep | Aden
Child Protection Social WorkerDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz , Taiz (Al-Turba)
Child Protection (CP) Activity CoordinatorDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz (Al-Turba)
Psychosocial Support WorkerDeadline:22 Sep | Taiz (Al-Turba) , Taiz
Data Entry OfficerDeadline:25 Sep | Taiz