Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator (FSL Coordinator) – National – Amran and Sana’a Sub-Office, Yemen
As a member of the Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL) team, the FSL Coordinator under the supervision of the FSL Specialist and TA will oversee on the implementation of the FSL programmes in Sana’a and Amran, and support programme assessment and design. The FSL Coordinator will be responsible for assuring efficient and high-quality planning, development, implementation and supervision of food security and livelihoods programming in North of Yemen response. She/ He will work closely with the FSL Program Specialist and Technical Advisor to oversee for project activities, developing appropriate implementation tools to track progress and monitor the context and prepare regular reports for the project and share with the FSL Specialist and Advisor. She/ He will also build capacity, and identify capacity needs, of field staff to ensure they are able to implement activities to a high standard. They will also liaise with other actors to ensure effective coordination.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordination with other external actors and sector teams within SCI to ensure complementarities and prevent overlap in targeted areas,
- Compilation of all FSL project and beneficiary information which is then shared with FSL Specialist and TA,
- Working closely with FSL Field Officers, with support from FSL Technical Advisor and Specialist, finalize appropriate beneficiary selection criteria and process for target areas,
- Ensure all field staff are aware of beneficiary selection criteria and process,
- Work closely with M&E team and field staff to ensure appropriate accountability mechanism is understood and accessible to beneficiaries,
- Support FSL field staff in responding to any feedback as needed,
- Coordinate closely with security teams to finalize distribution plans and ensure proper procedures are in place with support of FSL Specialist and TA,
- With support from Head of Sub-Office, coordinate with liaison teams and/or finance department in ensuring timely transfer of assistance to required locations in line with requests from field offices,
- Produce timely reports for internal use on the status of on-going programming; and contribute to donor reporting.
- Prepare weekly and monthly work plans in line with the implementation plan; and ensure timely implementation of activities in line with the plans (including beneficiary registration, trainings, data collection and distributions).
- Responsible for liaison with delivery agents to ensure availability of goods, quality of goods, compliance with the work plan, address any problems, and maintain regular communication,
- Capacity building of field staff in relation to implementation and tools to be used,
- Identify capacity building needs of field staff and appropriate opportunities to address these issues with support from the FSL Advisor,
- Support the design of assessments and share information on needs and possible programme design with FSL Advisor to support strategy development,
- Review field data (post-distribution monitoring and market price monitoring) and share with relevant staff for further action,
- Works closely with implementing partners to oversee quality of work and provide technical support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-year experience of working in FSL, at least 1 year of which must be internationally based,
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN agencies,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy,
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a discipline such as social sciences, geography, anthropology, business management, economics or other discipline relevant to urban/rural livelihoods,
- Previous experience of managing a team,
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes,
- Budget management experience,
- Demonstrable experience of Monitoring and Evaluation and beneficiary accountability,
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy,
- A good level of written and spoken English,
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances,
- Commitment to the aims and principles of Save the Children. In particular, a good understanding of the Save the Children mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- Good Organizational and Analytical Skills
- Capacity to organize and supervise the work of the team.
- Good human relations and diplomacy.
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Excellent Computer skills
- Fluency at English is essential.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل