MEAL and Data Management Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Our team works to strengthen Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) of projects in Aden, Yemen.
Under the guidance of the MEAL Officer, the MEAL Assistant will provide technical support and tools to Oxfam Yemen’s programmes in Aden, ensuring effective, coordinated MEAL systems to drive programme quality and implementation. The MEAL Assistant will support the development and implementation of a systematic approach to MEAL, ensuring that Oxfam and partner teams can effectively track outputs and outcomes and manage data effectively for reporting and learning purposes, as well as ensure programmes are in line with Oxfam’s minimum standards.
- Location: Aden
- Internal Grade: E1N
- Division MEAL Job Family: Programme
- Contract type: Fixed term
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage
- This role reports to: MEAL Officer
- Staff reporting to this post: None
- Annual budget for the post: None
- Key relationships/interactions: Direct interaction with program team (EFSVL - WASH – Gender – Protection)
- Screening checks: All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
Should you be successful and not already employed by Oxfam GB, we will require minimum of two references covering five years of employment history.
DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):
It is a requirement in the UK for a new DBS check at enhanced level for every new member of staff who works directly with, or has regular contact with, children or vulnerable adults in the UK (consistent with DBS guidance and relevant law). Not Applicable
- Work pattern is a mixture of proactive and project work.
- Required to make sound judgements regularly within agreed processes using a good understanding of the team and the abilities of the team.
- Communication largely with internal staff (including internationally) also with some external contacts/target audiences to support operational work.
- Communication with Oxfam’s scale up team in different locations.
- Assist the technical team for quality delivery of the programme, building database on MEAL related activities.
MEAL system development and implementation:
- Provide support to the MEAL Officer and where applicable on the updating of relevant MEAL frameworks, working closely with relevant programme staff.
- Work with the field project team in implementing MEAL plans, processes and tools, ensuring quality and consistency with Oxfam standards.
- Support in implementation of MEAL strategies at field level.
Programme monitoring and reporting:
- Support in developing/improving/updating tools for data collection, processing and analysis, while making sure gender considerations are integrated in all the tools.
- Collect data on regular basis and as necessary through daily site visits and remote modalities.
- Designing MEAL forms using Kobo, SuveryCTO and any other applications.
- Train and supervise enumerators during data collection, and beneficiary verification and other MEAL activities.
- Draft weekly reports for daily field visits to Oxfam and partners implementation sites.
- Report to and alert the project team on a regular basis regarding any anticipated project issues, risks and any emerging opportunities and threats to the project implementation related to this role.
- Act as a focal point for the team on Oxfam’s beneficiary counting methodology and processes.
- Support in the establishment of programme and beneficiary databases as per programme requirements, disaggregated by gender, age and disability.
- Ensure all MEAL-related data and files are properly organized and stored.
- Contribute in timely and quality reporting on Early Recovery, WASH, EFSL activities implemented.
- Conduct beneficiary’s verification based on eligibility and vulnerability criteria, this involves regular field visits to verify status before and during the assistance.
- Assist the MEAL officer in preparing databases, data entry and data management as required for all the projects in southern governorates.
- Assist the MEAL officer in the process of data collection of various activities such as baseline, end line. post distribution monitoring, market price monitoring, complaints/ feedback collection and any other monitoring data required.
- Assist MEAL Officer in analysing the data collected.
- Work in co-ordination with the team, partners through participation in planning all MEAL activities during the life of the projects.
- Assist the MEAL officer in training the technical team staff on data management systems.
- Support MEAL Officer to perform data quality checks on collected data on regular basis to ensure data quality.
- Assist the MEAL officer in establishing and strengthening the feedback and response mechanism by ensuring all complaints and feedback mechanism are installed at the sites of projects.
- Responsible for the hotline number, registering and updating the complaint database on daily basis and sharing with MEAL officer for further actions.
- Receive and handle feedback and complaints from beneficiaries and share them with field teams and support tracking and follow-up on Your Word Counts system
- Lead the real time accountability visit to the community.
- Lead the initial inquiry on any serious nature of complaint
Evaluation, Review, and Learning:
- Share relevant MEAL findings with projects teams in an appropriate format and follow-up on their implementation.
- Support the implementation of evaluation and TPM recommendations at field level
- Collecting best practices, case studies which demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes over the period.
- Organize/support field-based reviews and learning events.
- Delivering any other responsibility related to MEAL assigned by the line manager.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل