Activity Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Activity Coordinator
Job site: South Taiz – Al-Turba
Report to: Project Manager Assistant, Project Manager, Head of Mission
Status: Full time staff
Supervises: Protection Monitors, Social Workers, Lawyer, Data Entry Officer, Volunteers.
Coordinates closely with Protection Monitoring Coordinator, Community Engagement. Coordinator and Cash Distribution Officer to organize and manage all activities on the ground.
General: The Activity Coordinator is responsible for the overall high-quality and timely implementation and reporting of the project activities for INTERSOS’ UNHCR-funded IDPs project in Taiz City.
INTERSOS is implementing the UNHCR funded project entitled: ‘Provision of life-saving protection services to IDPs and conflict affected PoCs in south Yemen’. The project addresses some of the critical needs of IDPs and conflict-affected communities in Aden, Lahj, Taiz (South Taiz, West Taiz, Taiz City), and Hadramout (Sahel and Wadi) as a continuation and follow-up of the project carried out in 2020.
INTERSOS is supporting IDPs, Returnees and conflict affected Host Communities. The project will ensure legal assistance (counselling, mediation, representation, civil documentation) and legal awareness, psycho-social assistance through Psycho-Social Support (PSS) / Psycho-Social First Aid (PSFA), Individual Case Management (ICM), and quality referrals. Furthermore, persons at protection risk are provided with unconditional Emergency Cash Assistance (ECA) as part of INTERSOS’ ICM work. INTERSOS is also conducting Protection Monitoring activities in the targeted areas on household, community and individual levels through Protection Monitors combined with CBPN Outreach Volunteers (CBPN-OVs) from the IDP and Host Communities, applying different monitoring methodologies including Household Assessments (HHAs), KIIs, FGDs, and Observation. The movements and needs of the IDPs will be constantly monitored and tracked and the proposed action might be redirected accordingly. Eventually, local community is empowered through support to Community Based Protection Networks Members (CBPN Members) in hard to reach areas, which are flagging protection concerns, function as a bridge between the communities and the services present on the ground, as facilitate community complaints.
Project Management and Technical Facilitation:
1. Assist the Protection Monitoring Coordinator and Protection Coordinator in managing the Protection Monitoring team’s activities, the quality of the protection monitoring and the achievement of targets;
2. Coordinate with the Cash Distribution Officer to ensure field teams are providing required beneficiary lists for cash assistance, and that the process is smooth and transparent;
3. Support the Community Engagement Coordinator with the CBPNs activities in the areas of coordination;
4. Flag programmatic, operational and technical constraints to the Project Manager and the Project Manager Assistant in a timely manner and provide suitable solutions.
5. Assist the hiring of all staff, collaborating with the Project Manager, Project Manager Assistant and participating in interviews, ensure that there is no gap in staffing;
6. Follow HR procedures for all staff, ensuring timely submission of documentation to HR and leave management;
7. Train staff on INTERSOS procedures and ensure full understanding of the project scope and goals;
8. Provide weekly Liquidity Plans to the Project Manager, each Thursday, in accordance with project budget and needs;
9. Take responsibility for the spending of cash and the clearance of pending expenses with the administration office;
10. Take responsibility for the proper running of the office and support the Logistics department and the Project Manager with all procurement related to the Project;
11. Assist the Logistics department in keeping all field bases functional and flag operational constraints in a timely manner;
12. Coordinate the team’s movement on the ground and ensure cost effective use of available resources;
13. Share monthly/weekly movement plans or missions;
14. Attend external coordination meetings on Protection, Shelter, Cash Assistance, IDPs movements and other relevant topics on behalf of INTERSOS;
15. Provide input to external coordination meetings and feedback on issues raised in coordination with the Project Manager.
16. Ensure regular internal meetings with all filed staff in order to organize and plan activities, listen to staff feedback, inform them of ongoing activities or changes, and track project indicators;
17. Closely coordinate with local authorities to guarantee the smooth implementation of activities;
18. Ensure accurate and precise data collection. Guarantee consistency of the data to allow for smooth reporting mechanisms, according to INTERSOS data collection formats;
19. Provide weekly and monthly reports on activities implemented, according to what is requested based on the shared reporting tools;
20. Support the Protection Monitoring Coordinator and Protection Coordinators in drafting protection analyses and assessments (through KIIs and FGDs), including through field visits;
21. Participate in weekly calls with the Project Manager to provide updates on the security and political situation, protection environment (protection concerns and trends), programmatic developments etc.
Commit to participate to any other task in order to achieve the project’s overall objective;
Always ensure confidentiality and conduct all activities respectfully and sensitively to beneficiaries and staff.
- BA in social services or any other relevant subject;
- At least 3 years of professional experience working within the Protection Sector;
- Experience in team management, supervision of team and motivation of team;
- Familiarity with case management principles, standards and procedures;
- Strong organization, collaboration, representation and negotiation skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy);
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of INTERSOS;
- Strong understanding of humanitarian principles and protection guidelines.
- Knowledge of the area of responsibility;
- Experience in unconditional cash assistance programming.
- Native Arabic - Excellent written and spoken English;
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity;
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks;
- Ability to plan and output-oriented;
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment;
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management;
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Practical and problem-solver;
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل