Education & Protection Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
JOB TITLE: Education & Protection Assistant (Sa’ada)
Report to: Project Officer
DURATION: 1 year renewable according to budget and performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach, and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The overall role of the Education and Protection Assistant is to oversee the day to day implementation of the Education project's activities in Sadaa Gov. and s/he will oversee all operations, supervise field team, and support project planning. The role will involve close coordination and collaboration with local communities, teachers, partners and children to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of BFD work. S/he will ensure quality implementation of the project activities and the field level quality concerns are consistently raised to the Project Officer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement education activities in Sadaa Gov. under the direction of the Project Officer.
- Supervise field team and provide technical support to them to support teachers and community for the purpose of increasing education service provision.
- Ensure that all project planned activities are implemented on time, to quality measures as per the weekly/monthly plan.
- Support general logistics related to the project activities.
- Follow up on procurement of supplies and stationery for the project activities as procurement policy.
- Develop and maintain effective filing/archiving systems, both electronic and paper.
- Update and maintain effective work plans.
- Organize, support, and facilitate training activities for trainers.
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and high-quality progress reports.
- Review educational visit plans and documentation.
- Oversee education needs assessments at the school level.
Program Support Coordination
- Regularly travel to the field to support and monitor the project activities.
- Maintain positive work relations with teachers, headmasters, GoE, and DoEs representatives.
- Coordinate and hold regular meetings with stakeholders including PTAs and other organizations serving children and community to understand their education priorities, familiarize them with the project and its objectives and engage them in the process.
- In coordination with MEAL team, monitor the progress of education activities against project plans and timelines and against pre-defined objectives and indicators.
- Support Baseline, and End line survey and assessment
Staff supervision and mentorship
- Supervise and mentor the field team ensuring that they are empowered to achieve their performance objectives and project results.
- Provide support and training to the field team, teachers and community members to maintain the standards and improve the quality of project activities.
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned by the Project Officer.
- Comply with BFD's policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures relevant policies and procedures.
- A University degree in Education, Social Sciences or any relevant fields.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience with INGOs/NGOs, including direct implementation of education programming.
- Significant experience leading or facilitating structured training sessions.
- Experience in working with formal school teachers.
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts; ability to remain calm and professional intense situations.
- Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral and written).
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work diligently both independently and in a team setting.
- Previous experience in supervising teams.
- Commitment to improving the lives of children in the school and community.
- Strong understanding of the contextual situation related to education.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (MS Office, including Outlook for email)
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHs): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherece to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD's policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
BFD doesn't charge any fees for recruitment and doesn't have any relationship with recruitment agencies
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل