MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Location: Based in NFDHR Field Office at Sa'ada and Dhamar Governorates, with frequent visits to different district as needed.
Reports to: MEAL Advisor /Project Manager
Start date: July 2021
Contract Duration: 6 Months
The National Foundation for Development and Humanitarian Response (NFDHR) is a not-for-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) that was established June 2012 in Yemen. Our vision is a peaceful and stable Yemen free of poverty, in which all people have equal access to basic needs and human rights, and our mission is to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to aid Yemen and other conflict-affected countries through a professional, neutral, and transparent approach.
We aim to achieve our overall vision and mission by working to enhance local communities' development and stability through identifying structural causes of poverty, raising awareness, increasing access to basic services, and focusing on building citizens' capacities, especially women and youth, so as to enable their participation in the decision-making process that leads to sustainable development and a peaceful society within their developing and conflict-affected countries. NFDHR aims to accomplish these goals through its seven core programs: Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL); Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH); Health and Nutrition; Education; Gender and Protection; Shelter and Non-food items (NFIs); and Peace building and Governance.
MEAL Officer Job Description
"MEAL Officer develops proper monitoring and evaluation plans based on the major indicators of the project, to ensure relevant project activities are tracked and maintains monitoring and evaluation system to best measure the quality, progress and impacts (results) of all project activities.
This position will be roving between field sub-offices in Dhamar and Sa'ada governorate according to work plan and workload with frequent visits to Head office. (50% Based in Sa'ada, 50% Based in Dhamar), Salary includes (Basic Salary, Transportation Allowance, Appearance Allowance, Social Security, Income Tax and Medical Insurance) a detailed breakdown has been uploaded to the documents tab" and Under the supervision of the MEAL Advisor, the MEAL Officer will make sure to maintain an effective monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system of NFDHR projects. The tasks will include routine monitoring of activities, providing monitoring reports, conducting field visits to ensure compliance with established standard and requirements. The MEAL Officer reports directly to the MEAL Advisor and Project Manager. This position is full-time, based on a 40-hour workweek, but varies from week to week as humanitarian need constantly oscillates according to the unstable conflict environment and funding availability.
Technical Support and Management:
- Work with and support NFDHR’s Staff, the Directors of Relief and Development Programs, and the Program Managers in preparing program MEAL plans, indicators and mechanisms for M&E in line with strategic program plans and budgets.
- Support the development of the logical framework for projects, including MEAL support during proposal development to ensure adequate MEAL budget forecasts for field and office activities.
- Support planning, implementation and follow-up of evaluations by: writing terms of references, preparing project summaries, participating in the selection of external consultants for evaluating NFDHR projects, and technically and financially coordinating with consultant in relation to field assessments.
- Track outputs and expected results of ongoing projects and the extent of completion of various activities and present findings to NFDHR leadership, the Directors of Relief Programs and Development Programs, and Program Managers at monthly meetings allocated for this purpose.
- Ensure the achievement of results and outputs necessary for development and humanitarian response according to the needs of local communities.
- Develop and design information management systems resulting from monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning activities, such as progress reports, databases and complaint mechanisms.
- Report to NFDHR’s Management in a timely manner on the progress and completion of project/program implementation, including obstacles faced and technical, administrative and financial solutions proposed.
- Supervise MEAL staff as well as advocacy, communication and media officials for relief and development programs.
- Monitor and assist Projects Manager in preparing long-term plans for the projects they manage, specifying a timeline for issuing reports to donors.
- Follow-up and supervise staff preparing news reports and stories published on NFDHR’s website.
- Introduce low cost techniques to improve project performance in the organization and facilitate mechanisms for updates of reports.
- Provide MEAL support during internal and external audits.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Coordination and Representation:
- Work on developing and reviewing program strategies in partnership with the concerned authorities and affected populations in project governorates and districts
- Coordinate with NFDRH’s directors of relief and development programs and other concerned departments while planning new projects within the framework of the programs to develop the necessary indicators according to the MEAL policy
- Coordinate needs assessments with governorate and local authorities and provide support to field staff to document evaluation findings, including an analysis of beneficiary needs.
- In coordination with the Director of Development Programs, the Director of Relief Programs and the Coordinator of the Peace building and Governance Program, assess the institutional capacities of local organizations before signing any partner sub-agreements to carry out field activities and services with NFDHR and make recommendations to management.
- Upon acceptance of grants, immediately coordinate with program managers and other the relevant departments to prepare executive plans for procurement, follow up and evaluation.
- Continuously coordinate with the directors of relief and development programs, program managers, and department managers to ensure the number, review and delivery of periodic, mid-term, and annual reports are submitted for review and approval to staff, donors and other stakeholders in a timely-manner.
The role of the MEAL Officer is not limited to the specific duties mentioned above. It is subject to change with the evolution of the conflict and in accordance with NFDHR’s vision and mission. As such, the MEAL Officer is required to manage all unforeseen issues and circumstances in relation to the monitoring and evaluation and should remain adaptable to perform responsibilities that may not be mentioned above, as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Engineering, anthropology, sociology, public health, or another relevant field
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in MEAL related role in an NGO environment, preferably in a humanitarian context
- Solid conceptual understanding about different components of MEAL tools.
- Demonstrated skills in supporting MEAL systems.
- Strong experience in information management systems.
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability to affected populations.
- Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations.
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of NFDHR.
- English and Arabic language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tactic and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills: written and oral
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure
- Capable of working collaborative with team members to achieve results
- Relates and works will with people from different cultures, genders, religions and backgrounds
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل