Health Program Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Health Program Coordinator
Vacancy Reference Number: HPC-SNA /21
PURPOSE OF DIVISION:
Health Department works with country program team in identifying, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating live saving and development program in collaboration with local, national and international partners.
The overall objective of health department is to save and improve lives of the targeted beneficiaries and contribute to a reduction in morbidity and mortality amongst Yemen community by supporting Ministry of Public Health and Populations (MOPHP) in provision of key primary, secondary and tertiary health services and other emergency health services prioritizing the most vulnerable groups in collaboration with International donors, I/NGOs, UN agencies and other health stakeholders..
The Health Program Coordinator will be responsible for overall project management of all health specific projects. She/he will specifically be responsible for technical oversight and successful implementation of different health projects as per the required Health Cluster, Ministry of Public Health and Populations (MoPHP), WHO, National and International Standards. She/he will provide technical support to both country-based and field based health staff in project implementation, track performance progresses and guide project team to meet project targets, and conduct regular monitoring visits. In addition, the staff will on an on-going basis assess current health needs and take lead in program development to secure funding for new projects from a range of donors. He / She will work in close coordination with other sectors in the organization to ensure the integration of interventions in organization’s common areas of operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provision of technical support and expertise in the area of health in Yemen to both MOPHP health care providers and IRY Health teams to ensure all national guidelines are adhered to in all project areas and in line with acceptable SPHERE standards.
- Management of project budget and working closely with the Finance department to ensure effective financial and budgetary control of the project according to IRW’s and donors policies and procedures
- Timely preparation and submission of high quality monthly internal reports (IPTT), monthly Health Cluster Reports (though DHIS2), quarterly/biannual and donor narrative and financial project reports for all active health projects and any other reports as requested/required in accordance to appropriate guidelines.
- Develop technical guidelines for the implementation of health or other multi-sectorial project(s) in all IRY targeted project locations.
- Implement health monitoring systems and record keeping methods that support routine country-level, international, interagency, and donor reporting as appropriate
- Identification of potential projects (in coordination with other stakeholders) in line with Yemen Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and development of high quality concept notes and proposals in line with Yemen Humanitarian Response Plan (YHRP) and in collaboration with other IRY relevant sectors for submission to potential donors.
Representation / Coordination:
- Actively representation of IRY at National and Sub-National Health Cluster meetings, health stakeholders’ meetings/workshops and other relevant forums.
- Establish, maintain and improve active and regular working relationships (both at national and at field level) and take the lead role in representing the work of IRY to representatives of other organizations (UN, I/NGOs, counterparts, donors, partners and government Authorities etc) in health sector and to ensure regular and effective communication is maintained across the board.
- Participate in the health staff development plans and capacity building (mentoring, on-the-job sessions as well as formal trainings) in collaboration with Human Resources Department for effective and quality implementation of health projects.
- Take lead in efforts to improve active co-ordination and networking with local government agencies, I/NGOs, UN agencies and other stakeholders in health cluster/field.
- Master degree in Medicine or other equivalent qualifications (with at least three years’ relevant experience in health programming)
- Bachelor degree in Medicine or other equivalent qualifications (with at least five years’ relevant experience in health programming)
Experience / Skills
- At least 3 - 5 years’ professional experience in project planning, design, implementation and evaluation of emergency health response programs, preferably in a conflict/emergency setting/context.
- Sound knowledge and experience in primary and secondary health care services and Minimum Service Package.
- At least three years’ experience with International NGOs in developing countries and more so in emergency response programming.
- Sound skills and experience in proposal and concept notes development and reporting for a variety of donors.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, etc.
- Experience supervising, managing, and providing technical support and assistance to field-based program/project staff
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, emails and relevant health database (HMIS, DHIS etc.)
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل