Supply Chain and Operations Coordinator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Supply Chain and Operations Coordinator
Position: Supply Chain and Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Area Manager with technical support from RI Country Supply Chain and Operations Manager
Duration: 12 Months
Note: Position is open for Yemeni Nationals only.
Relief International is a humanitarian and development non-profit agency that provides emergency relief, rehabilitation, and development assistance to communities worldwide. RI partners with communities in fragile settings to save lives and build resilience, dignity, and long-term well-being. All communities in fragile settings can achieve long-term well-being.
Under the direct supervision of the Area Manager and technical supervision of Supply Chain and Operations Manager, the primary responsibility of the SCO Coordinator is to maintain and adhere to RI Operations policies and procedures in area and field offices. Support existing team and AM in day to day Supply Chain & Operations compliance. The SCO Coordinator will be the focal point for overall Area Office supply Chain & Operations Management and Planning including supply chain management, warehouse management including stock and asset, oversight daily operations of the area office and field office, knowledge-sharing and capacity-building of other team members is a high priority.
The SCO Coordinator will contribute to ensuring that RI’s commitment to improving quality and accountability in humanitarian work is upheld, through reference to HAP, the Sphere Charter, People in Aid Standards and Code of Conduct of RI. The candidate and will endeavor to implement sustainable systems and transfer knowledge and skills to existing staff.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Co-ordination and overall responsibility of all program logistics; develop the area office procedures, guidelines and policies for the management of logistics (facilities, vehicles fleet and warehouses), vehicle fleets, communication systems, emergency preparedness, IT and asset in line with RI guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure that RI minimum standards of logistics /procurement /IT procedures and country policies are understood and adhered to throughout the area program, briefing and training all relevant staff as required.
- As part of the Area Senior Management Team (SMT) contribute to the development and implementation of the country and area strategy.
- Assisting the Deputy Area Manager Programs and Program Managers in developing the operation dept. elements of their project plans.
- Develop the annual field operation dept. strategy and implementation plan for the logistics teams.
- Work in close collaboration with members of the SMT, sharing information on the assessments and proposed interventions, providing overviews of logistics requirements for the development of project proposals and subsequent projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all RI (and donor) policy and procedure on Procurement.
- Ensure all procurements follow a transparent, competitive and open process. Commit to disclosure of any conflict of interest real or perceived.
- Liaise with all project managers, finance, and other departments to support in procurement planning.
- Ensure that an up to date and accurate tracker is maintained for all procurements from request to final receipt and closure of file.
- Report weekly to the Country Office of all procurements through submission of tracker and summary report.
- Work with CO to launch or facilitate the tender process.
- Support and participate in the office procurement committee review and agreement on selected supplier based on quotations.
- To ensure up to date and accurate filing and maintenance of logistics records for easy access and retrieval - Requisitions, RFQs, Bid Analyses, Purchase order forms, Contracts, Invoices, GRNs, Waybills, and (all other documents) both electronically and manually as may be required for audit trail.
Vehicle and Fleet Management
- Ensure all vehicles (and trucks for distributions) are well managed; ensure movements are planned and coordinated.
- Ensure rental vehicles are tracked and report on usage to ensure payments can be processed according to use and on time.
- Ensure Vehicle log sheets are in use in every single vehicle and are collected at the end of every month or the end of every rental contract.
- Ensure a summary of vehicle movements based on log sheet is completed every month.
- Ensure fuel consumption tracker for generators and prepare generator usage summary report.
- Ensure drivers adhere to and respect all vehicle policies and procedures as well as adhere to all local and national laws.
- Ensure proper storage and warehousing of assets and program stocks, including proper receiving and issuing of stocks, maintenance and updated bin cards.
- Ensure proper record keeping and safety of all items received in the warehouse (goods received notes, receipts, waybills, stock requests and all other documents) both electronically and manually as may be required for audit trail.
- Prepare warehouse report for Monthly and quarterly reports.
- Report on timely basis any missing, damaged or items whose expiry date is near for appropriate action.
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication with CO and project sites for the receipt and delivery of all goods.
- Organize for casual labor when required at the warehouse (liaise with HR for recruitment and Finance for payment). Supervise the casuals during the time they have been hired in the warehouse until completion of work, to avoid any losses or miscounts.
- Ensure the warehouse is safe, clean and well organized at all times.
- Supports in distribution (on request).
- Oversee the planning and process to ensure regular updates of the assets and equipment. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports. Arrange for regular physical stock taking and spot checks for assets, stock and office equipment as per standard.
- Ensure up to date and accurate Asset tracker is in place for all items in the area and sub offices.
- Ensure office set up adequately meets the needs of the project teams. Ensure appropriate protection of all data systems are in place.
- Ensure smooth running of office and sub offices. Up to date leasing and payments are completed on all running costs for the offices and guest house.
- Ensure the office is kept clean and consumables are tracked and stocked.
- Ensure appropriate travel permits are processed in timely manner.
- Perform any other duties that have been requested by his Management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably Business Administration, Management Sciences / Supply Chain Management.
- Proven, solid and relevant experience in supply/logistics work, preferably in the UN, NGO or private sector environment with a minimum 5 years international experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work under difficult conditions and a high degree of pressure;
- Proven experience in administration, security management and training.
- Significant political and cultural awareness and experience of working in settings where insecurity is a major issue
- Analytical skills and experience;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Significant understanding of complex emergencies and crisis contexts
- Awareness of gender and culture issues
- Proven communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Fluency in the English language, Proficiency in the Arabic language is an asset
- Above average computer literacy
- Ability to handle a large workload, work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision and work in a dynamic environment to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work and live under difficult circumstances
- Willingness to travel to all areas of the country/region where the program is implemented, on a regular basis
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems. Adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational
values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence as well as “Do No Harm.” We value:
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل