Project Assistant – Lahj/Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, Dhamar and Marib
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Manage a team of daily workers;
- Ensures all activities are in line with general protection principles as relevant, including maintaining confidentiality of beneficiaries and colleagues and consideration of gender concerns.
Meetings / Coordination
- Coordinate with project colleagues;
- Participate in external coordination meetings as requested by project officer;
- Organizes and participates in external meetings with community leaders and cooperatives, as requested by project officer;
- Participates in internal and external trainings as requested.
- Implement the activities on the field as agreed with the project officer;
- Ensure community acceptance of the project through positive interactions and clear communication to beneficiaries and communities in the field;
- Takes into consideration the AMEU’s recommendations as communicated by the project officer;
- Coordinate with contractors as requested by the project officer;
- Implements complaints and response mechanism (CRM) as agreed with AME and project officer;
- Assists the project officer in the appropriate documentation of the project activities;
- Assist project officer in conducting the mapping for CSO’s in the target districts as per the list shared with MoSAL;
- Assist project officer in conducting the Grassroots Organizations Capacity Assessment (GOCA) to the CSO’s who have passed the mapping stage as per the mapping ranking system and collect the relevant data from CSO’s;
- Assist project officer in supporting the CSO’s during the pre and post training phase;
- Assist project officer in Supporting and following up CSOs in organizing their activities;
- Assist project officer in Supporting CSOs in prioritizations ordering in community needs identification in close collaboration with CSOs members, community leaders and project team;
- Assist project officer in Supporting CSOs to provide accurate data on a community level;
- Assist project officer in conducting GOCA baseline and endline data collection if/as requested.
- Provide regular and timely reports on the activities implemented for the project officer;
- Coordinate with database team to ensure the data entry;
- Take photos and draft occasional success stories as identified in the field and by the PD team;
- Reports ideas and information from project staff or field visits, which may assist in future project proposals. Such information will be included in reports.
Security & Liaison
- Considers safety and security in the field for the team and the beneficiaries;
- Immediately report all incidents to the project officer.
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience)
- Holds at least a bachelor's degree in social affairs or similar qualification;
- Must have at least two years’ experience in CSOs capacity building, subgrants and have an excellent background in IDPs relocation activities;
- Experience in beneficiary’s identification approach;
- Field oriented personality: the position requires regular travels to the field for several weeks;
- Experience in supervising others;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Confident level of both written and spoken English;
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- willing to travel to other governorates on occasion if necessary;
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (e.g. CSOs, beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members);
- Leadership and organizational skills are required;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Previous very good experience with ACTED;
- Experience in communication with large groups;
- Good knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation systems;
- Experience in assistance to CSOs and IDPs;
- Good understanding of Covid-19 issues, prevention and response measures.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours;
- Organize personal workload and achieve results in time;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment;
- Ability to communicate with people and create a friendly environment.
How to Apply
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV and a cover letter in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “Lahj/Project Assistant/DY”
- Candidates must rename CV & cover letter as: (First & Last name- Lahj-Project Assistant/DY)
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 25 Jan 2022.
- Candidates from Aden governorate are strongly encouraged to apply.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل