Senior Operations Assistant (Shelter/NFI) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Senior Operations Assistant (Shelter/NFI)
- Organizational Unit: SNFI
- Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification: M 6
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. :CFCV2022.097
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Sunday, 27th November 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (Shelter/NFI) and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer (Shelter/NFI) based in Marib, the incumbent will support and contribute to the activities of the Shelter/NFI unit.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist the Shelter/NFI Operations Officer in planning and implementing shelter and NFI operations, in particular transitional shelter activities;
2. Development of transitional shelter and other Shelter/NFI program related procurement plans, designs, BoQs in line with relevant sector guidelines and standard operating procedures;
3. Liaise with the Procurement and Logistics unit throughout the procurement process, and ensure that all items are in line with relevant technical standards;
4. Preparing contracts with NGO partners, contractor and monitoring the implementation of their activities; follow up on payments when contracted works meet the appropriate level;
5. Provide technical guidance and support on programmatic issues to field staff, contractors and NGO partners; prepare training materials and plan and organize capacity-building sessions accordingly:
6. Monitor quality of transitional shelter works; ensure appropriate procedures are in place so that activities are implemented in line with BoQs and project designs;
7. Produce daily, weekly and quarterly progress reports, provide accurate data analysis and related updates; highlight areas of concern and make recommendations to the Operations Officer when relevant;
8. Monitor the implementation of transitional shelter and NFI activities; go on field visits as required to control implementation and provide technical support; bring to the attention of the supervisor operational issues and suggest corrective measures;
9. Assist the Operations Officer in engaging with local authorities, clusters and other counterparts as required;
10. Direct supervise SNFI project and field assistants;
11. Perform any other duties as deemed necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution with six years of relevant professional experience
- Experience in Shelter/NFI humanitarian programmes for internally displaced persons (IDPs), migrants and/or refugees;
- Experience working with implementing partners;
- Experience in coordinating with multiple units and ability to establish and maintain excellent working relations;
- Good command of both written and spoken English;
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; Knowledge of SAP an advantage.
LANGUAGES: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل