Job Title: Hygiene promotion Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Location: Hodidah Govt.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Health Manager, the Hygiene promotion Officer Position is a junior level management position (Based in Hodeida) that involves planning, management and monitoring the accurate implementation of the Emergency Hygiene Promotion Response in targeted areas. The position requires professional communication and engagement skill with the communities, and the partners as well as the accurate management of the financial, material and other resources under the program and reporting periodically to supervisors. She or He will work in close coordination with community health team to ensure hygiene promotion activities are integrated with WASH targets.
- Prepare weekly and monthly activity plans in conjunction with the EH manager.
- Seek out and engage local community partners for to identify the most needed areas to conduct cleaning campaigns.
- Conduct detail assessments at health facilities to identify the health care waste management needs.
- Supervise and monitor distribution WASH Non-Food Items (NFIs) on health facilities, water management committees, and households.
- Organize and conduct trainings covering health care waste management and water treatment and quality monitoring at health facility level.
- Develop monitoring tools to measure the behavioral changes at communities’ level.
- Conduct regular water quality testing as required
- Track and maintain records on all activities related to hygiene promotion campaigns, NFIs distribution, and water test records at health facilities and communities’ levels.
- Coordinate health and community activities with MOPHP health units, health cluster, and referral hospital.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Closely work with the Health Unit to ensure that the mobile clinics and health facilities have regular access to safe excreta disposal.
- Work closely with the supply chain and finance team for procurement/replenishment of supplies
- Liaise with Finance Unit in budget preparation and utilization.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
- Degree in public health or environmental science.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in the environmental health domain.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and working knowledge of English
- Proven supervisory skills. Computer literacy in standard software. (Word, Excel).
- Proven ability to work closely with local communities and authorities.
- Proven ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure in remote areas
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/20054?c=rescue
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
- Deadline for Applying: Sep 27, 2021. System
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل