Shelter Specialist This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Reports to: Shelter & Protection Officer.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Shelter Specialist will be providing support in the implementation of Shelter activities as guided by the Shelter strategies and context and will assist the Program Manager in overall planning implementation of the on-going projects and future ones. The Shelter Specialist role is the primary community entry and community engagement role. The Shelter Specialist has to ensure that approved shelter guidelines are followed and adopted, and that work is carried out in close cooperation with local authorities and local communities and through integration with other NGO sectorial intervention.
- Provide the technical support, guidance, management and implementation of the Shelter/NFI’s activities.
- Effectively manage the Shelter/NFI’s interventions using appropriate tools to ensure projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and to the expected quality.
- Ensure proper documentation of the project documents, collect and archive photos received from the field.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Help plan and take part in need assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
- Draft success stories of the beneficiaries receiving assistance.
- Prepare lessons learnt from the project activities.
- Participate in the preliminary survey and the definition of the region as well as the final survey of the target areas.
- Participate in field assessments, surveys including need assessments, baselines, end lines, PDMs.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of Shelter assistance including the distribution of different Shelter/NFIs kits.
- Provide technical support, and orientation for the community committees, beneficiaries on how to install and maintain the ESKs/Tents.
- Coordinate and Work with the camp management to promote safe shelter techniques and provide support in shelter repairs, upgrades or replacement.
- Prepare all finalized beneficiaries distribution lists.
- Liaise with community committees, stakeholders, and other partners agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the shelter sector and between sectors such as WASH, RRM, CCCM.
- Prepare activity implementation monitoring and progress reports.
- Planning of all Shelter activities setting high quality performance targets and ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices, donor guidelines and SHPERE standards.
- Ensure protection issues are fully considered throughout the projects’ cycle with women, elderly, disabled and most vulnerable being included in decision making for Shelter issues.
- Ensure strong gender and human rights analysis in all our humanitarian policy work.
- Conduct routine field support visits for the purposes of supporting program management.
- Cluster meeting participation and other related meetings.
- Performs other duties in accordance with instructions assigned by supervisors.
Education, Experience & Competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, or other relevant field.
- At least 1 year of increasingly responsible professional experience in developmental and humanitarian response programming and cluster approach.
- Self-management/Emotional intelligence, Confidence and ability in speaking in public forums and events
- Experience in communication, training and Capacity Building.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Arabic with the ability to translate complex material and data into clear and concise materials and reports.
- Excellent negotiation and presentational skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Knowledge of computer applications i.e., Microsoft word, Excel, communications systems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team under pressure.
- Proven ability to deliver against targets and meeting deadlines within a short time frame.
- Analytical and strategic thinking and results orientation/Commitment to excellence.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
Web & Flutter Programmers (PHP, Flutter, Laravel, Python) (4)Deadline:30 Sep | Sana'a
Professional Sales Representative (مندوب مبيعات علمي )Deadline:24 Sep | Sana'a , Dhamar
Sales/Marketing Representative (مندوب مبيعات وتسويق)Deadline:25 Sep | Sana'a
Head of Marketing (رئيس قسم التسويق)Deadline:23 Sep | Sana'a
Sales/Marketing Manager- مدير المبيعات والتسويقDeadline:28 Sep | Sana'a