MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience
Chief of Party, Yemen
Location: Aden, Yemen
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc.
MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR)is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to strengthen quality voluntary family planning (FP), reproductive health (RH), and maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH). MIHR in Yemen is led by IMA World Health, with partners JSI Research & Training Institute, GOAL, and Pathfinder International. This position will be employed by JSI Research & Training Institute.
The COP, based in Aden, Yemen will provide overall technical leadership and operational oversight for the USAID funded MOMENTUM Integrated Health Resilience (MIHR) project. The MIHR project is a global award launched in 2020 that is designed to strengthen quality maternal, newborn, and child health, voluntary family planning and reproductive health (MNCH/FP/RH) service delivery in fragile settings. MIHR works within the humanitarian to development nexus to increase health resilience, reduce chronic vulnerabilities and promote more inclusive health development by addressing the response to shocks and stresses, better ensuring the continuation of MNCH/FP/RH services during a crisis.
In Yemen, to strengthen quality maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), and nutrition services and support for improved resilience, building on USAID’s ongoing health activities among communities in Aden, Lahj, and Taiz governorates. MIHR’s support in Yemen will focus on sub-national technical assistance to address the immediate determinants of malnutrition and increase access to high quality nutrition services. This will include infant and young child feeding activities, increasing access to breastfeeding counseling, and strengthening health, food, and social protection systems to support access to sufficient nutrition and healthy diets.
The COP will serve as the primary liaison with USAID/Yemen, MIHR partners in Yemen, and the MIHR headquarters based in DC (HQ), as well as relevant project stakeholders fostering collaborative working relationships. The COP directs the project team with an integrated vision, applying effective leadership and strategic planning skills.
- Provide overall management, strategic direction, and technical leadership to the project to achieve expected project results within budget and timeframe.
- Serve as the Program’s primary liaison with the MOPHP, USAID, MIHR HQ, other donors, and multilateral and NGO partners, primary health care, MNCH, FP/RH and nutrition partners.
- Represent the MIHR project in all technical, policy and programmatic fora at all levels (regional, national, and international).
- Ensure high level of coordination and harmonization, as necessary, and nurture relationships with all key stakeholders, including partner organizations/at national and county level, on administrative, financial, and programmatic matters related to the project.
- Oversee the project teams of technical, program, finance, and operational staff to ensure program deliverables, tasks and responsibilities are met; staff management includes hiring, supervising and mentoring project staff.
- Ensure regular reporting and timely submission of deliverables as required under the award.
- Lead preparation of annual work plans, project activity updates and other project- related communication and reporting materials.
- Monitor Annual Workplans and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan to ensure that the Activity is meeting goals and analyze reasons for any difficulties.
- Ensure compliance with JSI policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations by project staff and sub-awardees and monitors the quality of program implementation.
- Advanced degree: Master’s in Public Health or related field, MD, or PhD
- At least 10 years of senior-level management experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Prior experience in a senior management role such as Deputy Chief of Party or Chief of Party in a USAID-funded project.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical, management, and evaluation expertise for complex programs in resource-constrained countries.
- Experience collaborating and coordinating with local and national host government agencies, and aligning program activities and results with national strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships with government agencies, international donor agencies (USG, DFID, UN agencies), civil society and implementing partners.
- Must be comfortable in high-level representational role.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse public and private partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID/Yemen’s priorities and objectives.
- Deep knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Yemen required.
- Technical expertise in maternal/child/adolescent health, nutrition, and health systems strengthening.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills as well as creative problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Fluency in English with professional proficiency in writing.
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Knowledge of USG Rules and Regulations.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CVs and application letters to this email address:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل