Data Management Officer (Education & Child Protection) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Data Management Officer (education and child protection)
JOB TITLE: Data Management Officer (education and child protection) UNICEF EiE project
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Child Protection and Education LOCATION: Hajjah
GRADE: TBC POST TYPE: National
CONTRACT LENGTH: 18 months
Fixed Term 1,
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen has an annual budget of around USD 80 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact. SCI Yemen has around 800 staff and over 3000 volunteers and works in nine governorates across Yemen through five field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the Country Office based in Sana’a. Save the Children Yemen seeks an experienced Project Director to lead an ambitious new Education in Emergencies (EiE) project funded by UNICEF. The goal of the $9m, 21-month project is to provide access to quality learning opportunities and protection services for out of school children living in IDP sites. The program will be primarily based on SCI signature’s Accelerated Learning Program (ALP) and Basic Literacy and Numeracy (BLN) curricula, but it will also include the pilot of UNICEF newly developed Self-Learning Program (SLP). The project aims at supporting a total of 22,900 children in 4 governorates (Hodeidah, Hajjah, Taiz and Ibb) and activities will be implemented by SCI and its partners (SOUL in Taiz, SDF in Hajjah and LMMPO in Hodeidah).
The Data Management Officer will be responsible for assisting the UNICEF Child protection and Education teams in Ibb in all aspects of information management, ensuring that data are collected, analysed and archived correctly on a regular basis, and information is managed well in order to facilitate case management, CP activities and PDQ Child Protection efforts ensuring data protection and management. For education, this include working closely with PDQ Education and MEAL team for the ASER report, and managing the database related to registration and attendance of students and teachers.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator and CP Specialist, and with technical support from the Case Management Officer, PSS Officer and CP program officer the Data management staff will work to ensure that all case management data (including CP concerns, case plans, follow-up actions and case closure) is documented, whereby ensuring adherence to confidentiality protocols. In addition, the Data management Officer will ensure that achievements are systematically captured in the relevant narrative and numerical reporting formats, along with supporting the PDQ CP efforts to ensure data management and protection with the FOs in Yemen.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Data Management Assistant
Budget responsibility: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Needs Analysis and Program Design:
- Participate in required assessments.
- Contribute to situation analysis and participate actively in developing a child protection strategy.
- Provide capacity building on timely and accurate data entry of case files into the database, as well as follow-up information.
- Generate statistical reports, graphs, maps and follow up on UNICEF grant statistical needs.
- Support new and ongoing assessments as required or assigned by cluster leads and SCI.
- Ensure that data collected from partner organization is consistent and that it’s in compatible format, enabling information sharing and analysis.
- Provide technical support to the assigned Data Assistant and partners organizations in information management and data analysis tasks.
- Ensure regular, timely and accurate entry of students’ registration into the database, as well as follow-up information, and share monthly updates on the drop-out rate based on data analysis.
- Document all registered students and compile all forms according to the procedures, and information management needs.
- Develop monthly update (graphs) showing the progress of the project, and share it with Project Coordinator and Project Director for further dissemination.
- Feedback the Project Coordinator and Project Director (PDQ informed) about the common mistakes in the reports to be corrected and checked again with project staff.
- Analyse the data and make report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement
- Develop simple, user-friendly data reporting tools, in consultation with supervisors; ensuring sex, age and vulnerable groups disaggregation are considered.
- Perform any other information management duties as assigned by management.
- Document all cases registered and compile all forms according to the procedures, and information management needs.
- Work closely with CO MIS and MEAL to report CP cluster monthly update using 5W.
- Report CP data in IMPACT and ensure all figures match those reported on IPTT and other reporting tools.
- Work closely with the case workers to ensure follow up monitoring is done for all children with protection concerns and update the data base accordingly.
- Ensure that the data related to children is safe and shared as per Save the Children’s procedures and policies.
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children's commitment to safeguarding children in accordance the Child safeguarding Policy.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Design CP databases for SCI project, SCI partners and MoSAL if needed; and keep them updated.
- Provide coaching to the CP key staff in CM, PSS and trainings databases forms and make sure that all concern people at CP understand the reporting mechanism.
- Provide coaching to the Education key staff in education databases forms to ensure data are collected correctly by the project team and TLS personnel.
- Regularly and systematically obtain information of CP activities achievements.
- Ensure that the relevant reporting formats (IPTT, narrative) are updated and submitted to the Project Coordinator on timely basis.
- Analyse the data and prepare monthly report against the indicators of the program to see the level of the achievement and advice on the actions that need to be taken in liaison with the Project Coordinator and case management officer.
- Share updates on the project achievements on a monthly basis with PDQ Education team for reporting to the Yemen Education Cluster.
- Build the capacity of CP key staff on how to generate and use data collected from CP activities.
- To help in conducting CP surveys and assessments staring from planning up to data analysis and assessment report.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy:
Because Save the Children's work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children's rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children's Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
Coordination and Representation:
- Build and maintain good relationships with partners in the community (children, families, community leaders, service providers such as government authorities and NGOs).
- Adhere to and promote SCI Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and values, both inside and outside of the workplace.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds others accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development.
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a country wide scale.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Team player.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries (children and adults), and partners.
- Values diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Identifies linkages with other programs / partners to coordinate activities to ensure effective use of resources and to maximize impact.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement.
- Commitment to Save the Children Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding Policy and values - both inside and outside of the workplace.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- At least Bachelor in information technology or any relevant studies.
- At least 2 years work experience in a humanitarian context, with an NGO or UN organization.
- Computer literate (Strong skills in Micro office application (Word, Excel .....etc).
- Ability to do data entry very fast and accurately.
- Good understanding of key areas of Child Protection programming; knowledge of other sectors such as education and health is considered an asset.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and increase work hours in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic; able to write and communicate in English; willingness to further improve English language skills.
- Ability to participate in data collection, feeding and reports generation.
- Strong representational and communication skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability and willingness to be mobile.
- Experience of working in an insecure environment.
- Experience of working in Monitoring and Evaluation is an asset.
- Good level of physical health and fitness.
- This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Aug 11, 2022
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Save The Children
Policy, Advocacy, Campaign Director (Re-Advertised)Deadline:21 Aug | Sana'a
Child Protection CoordinatorDeadline:19 Aug | Ibb
Environmental and Social Safeguarding Officer (ESSO)Deadline:20 Aug | Ibb
Humanitarian Operations ManagerDeadline:18 Aug | Sana'a
Health & Nutrition Program ManagerDeadline:19 Aug | Hajjah