Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the position of
Location: CO, Sanaa
The Monitoring, Evaluation Accountability Learning (MEAL) Specialist is a key position within Program Development and Quality based in the Country Office and with guidance from the Head of MEAL, the incumbent will have oversight in the implementation of a quality, comprehensive and integrated MEAL system that meets SCI standards. The MEAL Specialist working closely with thematic/ sector specific Technical Specialists/ Advisors will develop and adapt MEAL tools/approaches, build the capacity of SC internal and partner staff, provide support and guidance to operations teams during designing, planning and rolling project MEAL systems in line with SCI and donor requirements. The incumbent will ensure timely collaborative evidence generation timely course correction and reporting.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Implementation of monitoring, evaluation and accountability:
- Providing roving technical support to all field offices and ensure one to one support to all PMS and MEAL coordinators at field offices
- Do all data analysis and share information with the Head of MEAL specially around Quality Benchmarks and other regular monitoring visits
- Regularly do projects sites visit with MEAL at field offices and report back to the SMT.
- Support the day to day MEAL systems development supporting to lead on the implementation of the system/ MEAL Framework of SCI Yemen Office & Ensure that the organisation delivers on all internal and external MEAL requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information.
- Ensure the team is supported to manage and present information generated by MEAL activities, such as complaints databases, output tracker
- Conduct data analysis and present, and disseminate information to inform programme management. Including compile, the updates of the IPTT, OT, CRM and Program database at country office level
- Identify MEAL supply needs and coordinate with the logistics team to ensure materials arrive in good time.
- Ensure the MEAL system capture both quality and quantitative components; Initiate and Manage the implementation of Quality benchmarks review on a regular system
- Lead the overall implementation of accountability mechanisms at field level, e.g. complaints and feedback response mechanisms –assessment, design, implementation, and review. Implement activities to raise awareness of prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse and handling of serious complaints in line with child safeguarding policy.
- Support technical sector specialists and program managers to ensure that projects are carried out with participation of all affected communities (including children), that information is shared with affected communities (through traditional and high-tech solutions) and that they solicit and respond to community feedback.
- Technically participate and provide support to implement evaluation, baseline and end lines
Data and database Management:
- Provide leadership in the development and rolling out of IMPACT system (DHIS2 base database), ensuring that all field offices capture and update the system in timely manner with support, working closely with the country office MIS team.
- Work closely with PMs and field office MEAL coordinators to ensure that the data quality assurance procedure is implemented according to the SCI global and country office policies and guidance.
Using Learning and Feeding in Program Design:
- Contribute to all project design and proposal development: theory of change, log frame and indicators and budget
- Present Information that support Technical team develop an evidence based programmes
- Support and ensures that programme goals and activities uphold the principles of the key national and international humanitarian frameworks, codes and commitments
- Integrates beneficiary accountability principles into the approach
- Ensure the development and functionality of a learning system that regularly feed into high programme design
- Identify MEAL staffing needs for emergency programmes, and support rapid recruitment, induction, performance management and training.
- Lead Capacity Building Events for the MEAL and other programme staff ensuring a high capable team is in place all the time
Assisting Head of MEAL in Global and Strategic Initiatives:
- Participate in the development of the country Annual plans and Country Annual reports
- Lead the reporting process of the SC Global Indicators and ensure timely and high quality submission
Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships:
- Actively listens to different perspectives and experiences of stakeholders
- Actively participates in networks to access and contribute to good practice at SC MEAL System
- Regularly represent SC in all networks, relevant clusters and working groups
- Support the teams to Establishes and maintains clear communication and dialogue Master of Science in Social Sciences, Humanitarian studies or other related fields with disaster and conflict affected people and other stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
Master of Science in Social Sciences, Humanitarian studies or other related fields
- Minimum of 5 years of working in humanitarian programmes
- Significant experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in a humanitarian context
- Previous experience of managing a team and managing projects
- Experience of, and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Experience of training and capacity building
- Some experience of representation and ability to represent SC effectively in external forums.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of developing proposals
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Language skills in Arabic
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
- Experience in promoting children’s participation in programme design, implementation and evaluation.
How to Apply
Kindly use this link to apply:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children and to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Save the Children International seeks to always be a child safe organization through fulfilling its obligations to the community and through programme implementation carried out by the organization for safeguarding children and to improve the living standards of the child.”
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل