Senior MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SENIOR MONITORING, EVALUATION, ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEARNING OFFICER.YEMEN- MARIB OFFICE
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more.
And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
The Sr MEAL officer is responsible to lead MEAL function in Marib field office including methodological design, preparing data collection tools, lead data collection, data cleaning and data analysis and reporting MEAL activities for all Oxfam projects in the field office. S/he will provide MEAL technical support in need assessment, baselines, evaluations, establishing and implanting beneficiary compliance and feedback system, monitoring MEAL activities and ensure program quality as per Oxfam program quality standard, Core Humanitarian Standards as well as CAMSA minimum requirement and work closely with the field programme teams, Other INGOs, Cluster members, partners and other local agencies and key line-local Government officials.
Monitoring, Assessment and Evaluations
- Provide MEAL technical support for the field office including MEAL activity plan, methodological design, need assessments, baseline, post distribution monitoring, evaluations and performance data collection for all Oxfam projects in the field office,
- Review and revise data collection tools and survey questionnaires and instruments
- Work closely with Sana’a MEAL team and develop MEAL tools and MEAL activities for new projects and programs.
- Participate and assist Country Office MEAL Manager in preparation of ToR for internal and external evaluations, need assessments and other studies.
- Timely plan and initiate all baselines, end lines and impact evaluations, KAP surveys.
- In consultation with Sana’a MEAL team, EFSL, WASH, Gender and Protection technical team leaders and other program team, develop evaluation design, including specification of the necessary staff and resources to conduct the evaluation.
- Monitor, supervise and coordinate baselines, assessment, evaluations and select and recruit experience enumerators for data collection.
- Prepare internal baseline and evaluation reports with technical support of sector team leaders and officers, review, comment and revise all evaluation reports prepared to ensure data relevance and consistency.
Capacity building, networking and representation
- Participate in the selection and recruitment of field office MEAL officer and MEAL Assistant and train field MEAL team on Oxfam CAMSA, MEAL frameworks, tools, data collection, analysis and reporting.
- In consultation and collaboration with MEAL Manager, PQ officer and MIS officer assist to build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected.
- Attending Coordination forums that includes humanitarian accountability
- Keep abreast of new MEAL tools and approaches and share with Oxfam MEAL team, programme team
- Facilitate capacity building for field program staff to enable them monitor and evaluate their own efforts, gather relevant data and produce required progress reports.
Data management and reporting
- Work closely with Sana’a MEAL team including MEAL Manager, MIS officer, PQ officer and establish and implement digital and offline database system
- Lead and supervise field data collection, data cleaning and analysis for program managers and team leaders and produce report together with sector technical team.
- Review, revise and update all survey and evaluation reports and ensure data quality including timeliness, relevance, accuracy, completeness and consistency of all program data in the field office.
- Review and standardize data collectors training to ensure high quality data collection
Program quality, learning and accountability
- Work closely with MIS officer, establish context specific beneficiary compliance and feedback system, and ensure its implementation including monitoring timeliness and appropriateness of response to beneficiary’s complaints.
- Collect and share monthly monitoring and accountability reports with Sana’a MEAL team
- Monitor the quality of implementation including vetting the processes of how programs implemented and ensure accountability standards are fully met as per Oxfam program quality standard, CAMSA and core humanitarian standards.
- Review all projects implementation against Oxfam’s accountability standards.
- Harmonize MEAL tools and data collection instruments across same/similar projects implemented in different locations.
- Control the quality of quarterly and monthly MEAL reports based on agreed indicators to guide decision making
- Work with each technical head to ensure the collection of relevant and appropriate data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments
- Assist program manager and facilitate quarterly after action review including learning and reflection events, stakeholder consultation and proved feedback to program management team.
- Document lessons learnt and best practice related to MEAL and program quality for all programme across different locations.
Your commitment to Oxfam
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل