Deputy Program Manager FSL
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
DPM FSL (Deputy Program Manager FSL) - 01
Location of position: Al-Turbah, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running few projects with an integrated FSL and WASH approach and emergency mostly in Taiz governorates. The position will be based in AL-Turbah Town, Taiz, Yemen.
Goal / Purpose:
The FSL Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is in charge of supporting the FSL Program Manager (PM) towards the good implementation, achievement and reporting of the objectives defined in the proposals.
(S)He guarantees the proper coordination mechanisms are in place inside the operational teams (livelihood activity, food security activity), in Al Turbah, and in cooperation with the FSL PM.
List of main tasks:
Project relevance, quality and design
- Contribute to establishing operational assessment and evaluations activities;
- Contribute to define SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities, especially activities targeting vulnerable people and IDPs in Al Turbah;
- Responsible to propose and guarantee quality approach mechanism are in place for the programs to ensure transparency accountability of SI activities;
- Support the writing of technical annexes and chapters (including the logical framework) for the proposals;
- Support the implementation of the activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy and SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s technical requirements;
- Participate in evaluating the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual development and the population’s needs;
- Propose to the FSL PM adjustments to the programs, if necessary;
- Participate in building the teams abilities with respect to techniques or new methodologies;
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Support the Project Team Leaders in planning their operational activities;
- Meet the deadlines and adhere to predefined quality specifications;
- Support the FSL PM in ensuring the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools are in each operational department;
- Propose quality criteria and monitoring indicators for programs;
- Anticipate any issues linked with carrying out the activities and help to resolve any problems related to the activities;
- Suggest any adjustments to be made to the activity depending on contextual and indicator developments;
Institutional Knowledge Building - IKB
- Use the IKB tools proposed by SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL;
- Participate in the centralization, validation, and distribution of procedures, guidelines and tools linked to the FSL activities;
- Build up on SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (and stakeholders) intervention methods and techniques;
- To ensure that project files are complete, regularly updated, and saved on the Base external hard drive;
- Define the prerequisites for opened FSL positions together with the FSL PM;
- Greet and brief the new staff working on the program;
- In collaboration with the FSL PM, set up technical trainings depending on the operational needs and identified training requirements;
- Lead working groups and thematic meetings with the support of Program Manager;
- Evaluate and assess the performance of colleagues under his / her direct supervision on a regular basis;
- Ensure adherence to SI security regulations and reinforce them with his /her team.
Reporting/ Communication / representation
- Pass upward to the FSL PM / Coordination team any information on the security situation or on any event that could impact SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL activities and safety of the teams;
- Support the drafting of activities reports and amendments (including any annexes relating to specific activities) for the financial donors, local authorities and for internal purposes (weekly and monthly reports) by compiling all the operational data before sending them to the FSL PM;
- Ensure that all reports required by the FSL PM are delivered on time and in the correct format;
- In his / her assignment area, might be appointed to represent SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL at meeting or forums concerning the activities;
- In collaboration with the FSL PM, and administrative department, support the preparation of administrative documents (MoU, handover, etc.) to be jointly signed with government authorities, communities or partner’s;
- In the absence of the FSL PM, the FSL DPM must be able to work independently without requiring very close observation.
III. Profile required
Female candidate is highly encouraged
- Graduate from university in Agriculture, economy, veterinary or knowledge in food security with adequate knowledge in nutrition;
- Experience of working with INGOs in the food security and livelihood and community mobilization in rural area;
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good computer knowledge
- Local social experience and knowledge
- Commitment to humanitarian principles, standards and rules to guide NGO actions.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, tight deadlines and sometimes odd hours as required.
- Ability to support, follow-up, encourages and supervises her/his staff to provide quality work and high levels of performance.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- The deputy food security and livelihood program manager demonstrates a good understanding of the needs of rural communities, particularly in a high-risk conflict environment.
- Excellent project monitoring and quality control skills.
- Ability to listen, sensitivity to people and discerning
- Problem & conflict resolution skills
- Good training management, coordination and facilitation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound technical understanding of the programmatic demands of livelihood and food security.
- Knowledge of general agriculture
- Knowledge of cash distribution program management
- Knowledge of Livelihood approach
- The ability to think/analyse a situation critically and be able to come up with possible solutions/improvements
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: FSL PM
Line report(s) on base: FSL TL
Functional manager: Deputy Field Coordinator for Program and Field Coordinator
Functional report(s): OPERATION TEAM
How to Apply
Please submit your application (CV mentioning 3 reference, Cover Letter, Photocopies of all diplomas/educational certificate, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
Title of the position “DPM FSL (Deputy Program Manager FSL) “must be written in the email subject.
The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension.
Female candidate is highly encouraged.
The deadline for the applications: 25th of October, 2021.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل