TITLE: Finance Officer
LOCATION: Hajjah Field Office
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Save the Children International (SCI) Yemen Country Programme has an annual budget of around USD 70 million and growing, working mainly on the humanitarian response to the ongoing conflict and its impact including more recently on the cholera outbreak. The SCI Yemen has over 700 staff and 1500 volunteers and works in nine governorates in the north and south of the country through seven field offices and two sub-offices in addition to the main office in Sana’a.
The Field Finance Officer (FFO) is over all responsible for daily financial operations of Save the Children International Yemen as per Save the Children International Yemen Country Office (SCI-Y CO) Finance Manual, resolving queries promptly, and maintaining good working relationships with staff and suppliers.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Finance Coordinator
Staff reporting to this post: Finance Assistant
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintain complete books of accounts, as per SCI-Y CO Finance Manual.
- Checking of all payment claims to ensure compliance of SCI-Y policy & procedures, valid Scheme of Delegation, SCI-Y Donors compliance requirements, In-country law and any other official regulatory authority.
- Ensure that all payments are properly coded to record against active Awards and complete authorisation of respective Budget Holder as per SCI-Y Scheme of Delegation.
- Ensure that all program implementation activities require direct or indirect involvement of disbursement of hard cash to suppliers, contractors, beneficiaries should safe guarded by segregation of duty.
- Assist FOM to strengthen internal controls & internal controls environment.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties for each & every financial management task.
- Actively participate in Budget vs. Actual review meetings.
- Prepare/review Bank and cash GLACOS, financial data entry on daily basis.
- Upload and post GLACOS into the FMS.
- On monthly basis follow-up prepayments (like rent, Internet service……. etc.) and manage schedule on FMS.
- Ensure preparation of staff monthly salary cost allocations whilst close coordination with Human Resource (HR) and CO finance.
- Ensure that bank reconciliations for all bank accounts are prepared on regularly basis.
- Assist OFC in tracing all the trackers of the Finance Team.
- Participate in attending the bid opening committee.
- Assist OFC in tracing of all balance sheets accounts on monthly basis and at the end of each award.
- Maintain Asset & liabilities monthly schedules & reconciliations & ensure that all balances are reconciled with Financial Management System (FMS).
- Ensure that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
- Ensure that EFRP is prepared on monthly basis.
- Monitor cash & bank flows on daily basis and maintain close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth cash flows. Safe guard SCI-Y cash from assessed / known risks.
- If due to unforeseen reasons institutional banking system services not available any alternative arrangements should be arranged with prior consent of respective Field Manager or Finance Director.
- Assist Field Office & Country Office Finance teams during internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorised third party review of financial records.
- Closely work with Field Office Awards Coordinator to fully understand financial & compliance aspects of donor funded portfolio and use Award Management System (AMS) to understand donor financial compliance requirements.
- Maintain working relationship with SCI-Y partners and support Field Office & Country Office to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects through partners.
- Escalate any noted financial risks / fraud activities directly to Area Manager and Country Finance Director.
- Submit all internal & external financial reports in a timely manner.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure that reporting position to this post fully comply with SCI-Y policy & procedures and arrange on / off job trainings to grow skills in the area of financial management.
- Also responsible for professional direction / delegation / supervision / accountability of reporting staff as per Job Descriptions or any official documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor degree in finance or accounting.
- Previous 2-3-year financial management experience with good numeracy skills, e.g. to calculate VAT and allocate payments across cost centres.
- Experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Knowledge of inter-country postings and cost allocations.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and attention to detail especially under pressure
- Excellent MS Excel and analytical skills, ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Good organisation and administration skills to ensure that all documentation is filed on a timely basis and is easily accessible
- Excellent communication skills on the phone, face-to-face and in writing to be able to explain processes clearly and resolve queries with suppliers and other colleagues.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- An energetic, flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work both independently and co-operatively within a team setting and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to work within set guidelines for the payment of invoices/expenses and identify instances when the guidelines are not being followed.
- A proactive approach to resolving any issues that may arise, by assessing their impact and identifying those that need to be passed to the line Manager or next level.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Knowledge of Agresso finance system or any other automated financial system.
- Good written & oral English proficiency.
- Experience of working for emergency responses.
- Experience to manage one reporting staff.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with others to engage and influence; promotes dialogue and ensures timely and appropriate messages, building confidence and trust.
- Invests time and energy to actively develop self and others to help realise their full potential, and to build the organisation’s capability for the future.
- Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization.
- Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and uncertain global and working environments.
- Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organization.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, builds trust and confidence.
- Displays consistent excellent judgement
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
If you are interested and Qualified apply directly ( Link )
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل