Medical Interpreter This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), is an International Humanitarian Organization providing medical aid to populations in distress, victims of natural and man-made disasters and victims of armed conflict, regardless of race, religion and political believes. For more information, visit our Arabic website, https://www.msf-me.org/ar
Médecins Sans Frontières Brussels is looking for Yemeni nationals to recruit for the following position:
Location: Mocha Project
Contract type: Temporary appointment (5 months)
Reporting to: PMR Assistant
Verbal interpretation, in person or remotely, during daily medical activities (medical round, consultations, interviews, meetings, etc.) and written translations, from the mission language to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure accurate, respectful, fluent and confidential communication between medical staff and local population.
- Inform medical staff about important cultural nuances to consider during meeting, medical consultation or interview with local people.
- Participate in staff trainings and meetings as an interpreter.
- Provide face to face interpreting, as well as during telephone and radio calls or other telecom devices.
- Adapt communication to any circumstances using appropriate language registry as well as diplomatic and courtesy manners.
- Translate MSF internal/external documents into local language(s).
- Keep record of all translated documents.
- Look after all equipment provided, i.e. dictionaries or other books that belong to MSF.
- Ensure confidentiality and medical secrecy.
- Assist with English-Arabic translation in the maternity and other departments.
- Facilitate English classes for the hospital’s staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Essential: Secondary education and good level of English
- Desirable: University degree, health knowledge and computer literacy.
- Two years’ experience as interpreter / translator desirable, ideally with MSF or other NGOs.
Language: Arabic and English mandatory
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Service Orientation L1
- Stress Management
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل