Education and CP Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Education and CP Assistant
Reporting to: Education and CP Officer
Sector: Education and Child Protection Program
Location: West Coast (Mokha,Khoukha)
Deadline : 30 May 2023
NMO is a registered national NGO with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 284. Our mission is to take the lead to empower communities in Yemen through humanitarian response and sustainable development programs in a professional way through effective partnerships. NMO started its activity in Yemen since 2012 and has been implementing projects in 5 sectors namely FSL, Education, WASH, Shelter, and Governance and skill-building.
NMO is looking for an efficient and qualified person to fill the post of Education and CP Assistant to carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Supervising on the implementation and follow-up of all types of trainings and sessions, and monitoring the field works and assisting in conducting assessments and surveys as needed.
2. Facilitate the implementation of all field teamwork in order to implement the action plan to ensure that effective behavior is promoted through awareness.
3. Establish strong partnerships with stakeholders, community leaders and other civil society partners to enhance their participation in support of project objectives
4. Contribute to capacity building of the field team during their field work through supportive feedback.
5. Prepare and make optimal use of all available opportunities and capabilities (educational methods - laboratories if any) to achieve the goals of the school curriculum.
6. Collecting and reviewing monthly attendance sheets and reports from supervisors (supervisors and volunteers) and providing feedback to the field team.
7. Submit a bi-monthly completion report with a statistical report to the direct supervisor (Education and CP officer).
8. Collect measurable information about improvement in education during project implementation in coordination with school stakeholders
9. In coordination with the supervisors, develop an action plan to implement the awareness and other activities of the project and share it with volunteers after it is approved by the Education and CP officer.
10. conduct a weekly meeting with volunteers and supervisors to discuss all relevant issues and develop a plan for the next period.
11. Conducting frequent field visits to the target sites of the project and submitting a report on the results of the visits Seek to integrate his mission in the school with that of the family in the good education of its children
12. Active participation in all project activities (distributions - trainings - coordination) as directed by the Education and CP officer.
13. Documenting and sharing lessons learned, achievements and successes from the field The use of modern methods and methods in teaching
14. Leading the field teams and facilitating their work in implementing the project work plan.To prepare and maintain lesson files, student text and examination.
15. Maintain close coordination between the field team, the community and partners and assist them in developing quality education.
16. Assist and guide volunteers and project supervisors in carrying out their tasks and in organizing community meetings, workshops, and campaigns.
17. Maintaining working relationships between team members and the community.
18. Archiving files related to the project (hard copies, electronic copies).
19. Ensure proper assessments and verification of assistance for protection cases.
20. Oversee and follow up on cases managed by social workers and make sure that all cases have been followed up by social workers and closed upon receiving the required services.
21. Facilitate the consultation workshop for the community (for the protection activities…etc.) as proposed in the project proposal.
22. Facilitate the capacity building for the community as proposed in the project proposal.
23. Facilitate the selection and implementation of project activities, including protection reports.
24. Prepare PRs, Procurement plans, and detailed implementation plans.
25. Carry out any project-related tasks (office or field) as assigned by the Education and CP Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions.
- Problem solver and, hard working with ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum Diploma or bachelor's degree in education.
- Previous relevant experience not less than 1 Year with Children/Youth education/Youth programs (planning, implementing/overseeing the implementation and reporting for education projects) – non-formal education programs (academic, life-skills and recreational activities for children) and child protection activities.
- Experience in dealing with public stakeholders within the Education system (e.g., school principals, Ministry/Directorate of Education representatives, and communities).
- Experience in organizing and/or conducting trainings, awareness sessions, workshops, etc.
- Competence in using computer packages including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiar with Yemen context and geography. Ready to travel on missions into different Governorates.
- Excellent written communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Good documentation and report writing skills.
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل