Field Base Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project # / Name: Samaritan’s Purse Republic of Yemen
Position Title: Field Base Officer, Al-Turbah, Taiz
Duty Station: Al-Turbah, Taiz
Reports To: Base Officer, Country Office
The Base Officer position acts as the principle site supervisor relating to Samaritan's Purse Al-Turbah Base. He/she will work in direct support of SP programs by maintaining working and living quarters and scheduling fleet. He/she must coordinate regular generator maintenance and refueling, manage cleaning staff, and maintain fleet tracking system. Furthermore, he/she will act as point in base expansion by coordinating the completion of BOQs with civil engineers. The job is based in Al-Turbah but may require supporting additional site locations as the office expands.
- Maintains work and living quarters of base and acts as focal point for all requests.
- Manages cleaning staff and manages regular cleaning schedule.
- Keeps track of fleet schedule for programs and support teams.
- Manages fleet requests and coordinates request to country office.
- Keeps inventory and creates stock reports of office, cleaning, kitchen, and laundry supplies.
- Maintains updated base tracker and conducts cost analysis of consumables.
- Maintains updated room tracker for living quarters and is focal point for guests and visitors.
- Works as focal point for base guards as requested by organization security contacts.
- Updates staff about the work status of requests on a weekly basis.
- Creates and submits purchase requests as it pertains to base needs.
- Completes basic repairs for base when technical professional is not required.
- Complete all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving attitude
- Responsible for adhering to Samaritan's Purse logistics policy and maintaining compliance for base needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by the organization’s code of conduct as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to acquire, build and maintain positive working relationships
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Must have basic knowledge of generators and maintenance requirements (electrical and plumbing) in order to oversee maintenance for the base.
- Should have experience with fleet management
- Ability to interact well with people of different educational, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English
- Excellent planning, organization, and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Levelheaded and calm demeanor; able to firmly, yet professionally, direct people when the need arises
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task
- Willing to travel as required by OM and CD
- Must have high level of integrity and stewardship
- Committed to the values and ethics of Samaritan’s Purse
Education / Experience Needed
- Minimum 1 years working with International NGOs in preferably a base, fleet, or logistics capacity.
- Experience navigating a variety of different logistical requirements by donors
- Demonstrated experience being a team player
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل