BASE AND FACILITIES OFFICER
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Base and Facilities Officer – Based at the Hospital
Requirements for the position
- Essential: University Degree or Diploma with logistics related training.
- Essential: At least 1 year of experience with INGOs in a relevant position.
- Desirable: one year in MSF or 2 years in the same post in other NGO
- Essential: Arabic and English, both oral and written
- Orientation for results and quality, team worker and cooperation, flexibility, stress management, commitment to MSF Principles, people management skills
- Essential: computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Place of work: Al-Qanawis District, Hodeidah Governorate, Republic of Yemen
- Level: 5
- Duration: From 01/01/2023 until 30/06/2023 subjected to a probationary period in accordance with MSF IR with possibility of extension until the end of year
- Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Preparing rosters and attendance sheets of the staff under direct supervision, with daily updates and replacement follow-ups
- High level of availability, with expected disturbances at nights
- Flexibility in terms of working hours
- Follow up on generator conditions, fuel quantities and staff in charge of generators switch
- Work in close collaboration with Biomedical technician, Construction Supervisor, Supply Activity Officer, Log Supervisor Base, Mechanic Supervisor
- Follow-up on Applied Security protocols in the hospital
- Follow-up on Oxygen concentrators consumption and ensuring their availabilities at all time
- Ensuring the Ambulance is ready to go 24/7
- Supervising Watsan activities through the Watsan Supervisor (including water quality and quantity, cleaning quality, good maintenance of existing WASH infrastructures…)
- Preparing all documents related to contracts (receiving quotations, preparing Comparative Bid Analysis, writing contracts, preparing payment documents) and be in direct contact with external contractors
- Being proactive and willing to solve problems as soon as possible.
How to Apply
- All interested candidates should go through the following link to apply for the position and must have a Gmail account (no hardcopies will be accepted): https://forms.gle/4DMwgwRutUuXpjVL6
- Deadline for the submission of applications is 26/09/2022
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted!
- Test and Interview will be both conducted in English
“MSF promotes the inclusion of women and people with disabilities.
MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.”
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل