Administration Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Band/ Level / Grade:
Yemen | Aden
per local law
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small projects to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Aldalea. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK: IRC is seeking a dynamic Administration Officer to handle the day-to-day Administration tasks including visas & residencies for international staff with relevant government sectors in timely manner.
JOB SUMMARY: Under supervision of Roving HR & Admin Manager. Administration Officer will be responsible for visas, work permits and residencies for international staff and other HR/Administration duties.
- Regular and open communication on day-to-day tasks with Admin Officer Sana’a and Roving HR & Admin Manager.
- Communication with international expats regarding visas processes and all staff regarding any day-to-day HR/Admin requests.
International Expats Visa Affairs
- Collaborate closely with MOPIC, MOSAL, Immigration Authority, Airport and any other related government authorities for visas, work permits & residencies affairs for international staff & visitors.
- Coordinating with the visa requesting party – HR lead/Inviting Coordinator/Existing International staffer – throughout application process to give updates on the visa and request missing documents.
- Facilitating the translation of all visa supporting documents including CVs, contracts, certificates ..etc
- Responsible for preparation & submission of complete visa applications for all international staff/visitors in Aden with proactive follow up till the approval is acquired from MOPIC.
- Proactively communicate delays and challenges in any processes to Roving HR & Admin Manager, HR Coordinator, and the Country Director.
- Responsible for providing an up-to-date list of required documents to support a visa application.
- Visitors tracking including update and maintain all international visa tracker in the humanitarian access report on weekly basis to the DDO.
- Facilitate printing of single-entry visas, exit reentry visas, final exit visa, national security registration and residencies at immigration authority after confirmation from requesting party.
- Collaborate closely with MOSAL to acquire work permits for international expatriates for one year providing them with all relevant required supporting documents.
- Responsible for acquiring cash advances for the purpose of visa processes expenses payments and liquidate it with finance with invoices and supporting documents once the cash is consumed.
- Request budget codes from visa requesting party to charge visa related expenses during the liquidation of cash with finance.
Travel Affairs Support
- Work closely with Admin Officer - Sana’a to ensure pre-arrival briefings are sent on time and share all supporting documents for visas among each other proactively.
- Immediate communication of new passports & job titles to Admin Officer – Sana’a to ensure UNHAS APL addition.
- Airport arrivals and departures affairs management including the pickup arrangement with the drivers, phone/SIM distribution, on boarding orientations, and guesthouse accommodation.
- Responsible for flight booking for commercial carriers: Yemenia Airways, Air Djibouti, Felix Airways and international carriers via local travel agency, after receiving CD/Regional approvals.
- Facilitate packaging and shipping of international staff personal belongings and guiding staff on the process of transfer from Yemen to relevant country and vice versa.
- On delegations:
- Act as deputy focal point for all national and international staff movement in and out the country via UNHAS & SATGURU agencies.
- Process & send PMRs for UNHAS flight bookings & send all information to staff travelling share the monthly flight schedule for CMT.
- Update UNHAS APL twice a month.
- Custodian of casuals processes including reviewing casual request form, contract preparation and tracking after receiving approved requests with all supporting documents.
- Focal point of hotel accommodations for national staff in Aden in compliance of booking policy.
- Overall management of stationary supplies including refilling the stock and inventory tracking.
- Responsible for phones/smartphones distribution to staff according to the Airtime policy.
- In charge of allocating SIM cards from providers, updating airtime allocation for staff and following up on any connectivity concerns.
- Update airtime tracker and communicate it to supervisor for the monthly payment.
- Responsible for all Admin payments including YemenHR advertisement and hotel payments on monthly basis while commercial flights and operations casual payments raised when required.
- Support in drafting/translation letters from IRC to external parties when requested.
- Create and continuously update visas & travel and any other guidelines alongside Admin team.
Operations support (Finance & Supply chain)
- Support the country program in raising PRs requesting goods for office and guest house use.
- Communicate proactively with Supply chain department during raising PRs for guidance on procurement processes and sources of goods.
- Follow up with supply chain till the goods of the PRs are received to the warehouse and HR & Admin Assistant raise the store release for distribution.
- Collaboratively follow up payments with Finance to completion and ensure suppliers having been notified.
Staff Management and Reporting
- Direct supervision of Cook and Admin Assistant to ensure duties are performed satisfactorily.
- Ensure timely performance objectives submission of Admin team and carry out objective setting & evaluation process.
- Manage the Cook and Admin Assistant leave requests and timesheets have been reviewed and approved.
- Ensure Admin weekly, monthly reports are prepared & consolidated for supervisor usage.
- Any other related Admin or HR duties as per requested by supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities)
Relevant university degree preferably Business Administration, Business English, Law, Human Resources,
- 2 years’ experience in Admin/HR (at least 1 year in visas or government liaison or HR work at NGO)
- Excellent knowledge of Administration, and regular day to day office tasks.
- Knowledge & good skills with computer; MS office, internet/emails, and spreadsheet excel databases.
C. Skills and Abilities:
- Very good written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of multi cultures work environment.
- Good facilitator, standout colleague with flexible attitude in solving problems.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent people skills, culturally sensitive with the ability & interest to work in a multi-cultural team.
- Strong digital literacy: e.g., Windows, MS office programs, word, excel, internet/email.
- Careful of details in document preparation and drafting.
- Active listening and effective communication.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Positive Interpersonal interactions
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Case Management Assistant (Mobile Response)Deadline:24 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Senior Client Responsiveness and Accountability OfficerDeadline:25 Oct | Aden
Nutrition AssistantDeadline:24 Oct | Abyan
Roving Field CoordinatorDeadline:27 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Health OfficerDeadline:01 Nov | Lahij