Job title: ICT Associate
Position Number: 00177130
Location: Sana’a, Yemen
Full/Part time: Full-Time
Fixed term/Temporary: Fixed Term
Duration: One year (renewable)
The ICT Associate implements ICT policies and standards, provides ICT and administrative support services and daily technical support to staff. He/ She will report to the Operations Manager or Representative / Deputy Representative.
How you can make a difference:
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s strategic plan (2022-2025), reaffirms the relevance of the current strategic direction of UNFPA and focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices. These results capture our strategic commitments on accelerating progress towards realizing the ICPD and SDGs in the Decade of Action leading up to 2030. Our strategic plan calls upon UN Member States, organizations and individuals to “build forward better”, while addressing the negative impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic on women’s and girls’ access to sexual and reproductive health and reproductive rights, recover lost gains and realize our goals.
In a world where fundamental human rights are at risk, we need principled and ethical staff, who embody these international norms and standards, and who will defend them courageously and with full conviction.
UNFPA is seeking candidates that transform, inspire and deliver high impact and sustained results; we need staff who are transparent, exceptional in how they manage the resources entrusted to them and who commit to deliver excellence in programme results.
The ICT Associate is responsible for implementing ICT policies and standards established by the HQ. He will also support the management of the organization’s resources, implementing ICT standards and applications, and manage data, information and workflow. You will provide ICT and administrative support services and daily technical support to CO staff.
You would be responsible for:
1. Support implementation of ICT management systems and strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CO technology environment;
- Provide support to the use of Atlas (UNFPA’s implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning) functionality for improved business results and improved client services;
- Provide inputs to the CO administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures;
- Provide inputs to preparation of results-oriented work plans.
2. Ensure effective functioning of the CO hardware and software packages, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Perform specific technical functions, including changing of hardware electronic components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.) and routine repairs;
- Assist in the installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades;
- Assist in upgrading patch and anti-virus programmes on a timely basis;
- Monitor the file server traffic, usage and performance on a frequent and regular basis;
- Support users in backing up and restoring their files, as well as in virus detection, removal and prevention;
- Manage outsourcing, advice on IT-related contracts, monitor vendor performance, and recommend necessary action to management on satisfactory completion of work and deliverables.
- Supports project rollouts and implementation of new processes, including testing debugging and implementation of new application and systems.
3. Ensure ICT security in the office:
- Ensure that desktop, laptop and server passwords and related policies are in line with established corporate standards;
- Normal users do not have administrative rights to their PCs and portable computers;
- Unauthorized software is not loaded onto computers.
- Formulates and maintains the ICT component of the Business Continuity Plan (ICT Disaster Recovery Plan).
4. Support networks administration, focusing on the following:
- Trouble-shooting and monitoring of network problems;
- Respond to user needs and questions regarding network access;
- Backup and restoration procedures for local drives;
- Maintain backup logs;
- Assist in organizing of off-site storage of backups.
5. Provide administrative support, focusing on the following:
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of software and hardware;
- Establish and maintain Country Office databases e.g. e-filing, electronic library directory, consultancy database, and database for common vendors; orient and coach staff on these databases/systems;
- Maintain a library of ICT related reference materials;
- Maintain the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts;
- Extract data from various sources;
- Research and retrieval of data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports as required;
- Provide ICT support to key events.
- Provides support for communications equipment including but not limited smartphones, SIM Cards, Portable Satellite Devices (Phones, BGANs, Modems, etc.), Radio programming PABX, VHF, in cooperation with UN Agencies
6. Ensure facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on the following:
- Participate and assist in the organization of training for the CO staff on ICT issues;
- Contribute to knowledge networks (e.g. Docushare) and communities of practice;
- Ensure UNFPA’s issues and concerns are represented in interagency working groups
Internal contacts include the Regional ICT Specialist, Operations Manager/Specialist, and staff at all levels within the CO to enable service provision.
Externally, the ICT Associate works in close collaboration with external IT service providers to ensure the effectiveness of UNFPA’s IT infrastructure. The ICT Associate represents UNFPA in interagency working groups on ICT matters, ensuring that UNFPA’s issues and concerns are represented.
Qualifications and Experience:
Completed Secondary Level Education required. University Degree in Computer Science desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application, including Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP);
- 7 years of relevant working experience, including network administration, support to management of hardware and software platforms, telecommunications facilities, knowledge of Windows-based packages/applications;
- Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, ERP;
- Ability to perform a variety of standard specialized and non-specialized tasks and work processes that are fully documented, researched, recorded and reported;
- Ability to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify and resolve operational problems;
- Some experience in client support, such as, a Help Desk or User Support Unit;
- Ability to provide input to business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of new systems.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
United Nations Population Fund offers an attractive remuneration package with competitive pay and benefits. Staff members in General Staff Category that are locally recruited are compensated in accordance with the best prevailing conditions of service locally.
UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Fraudulent notices, letters or offers may be submitted to the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
In accordance with the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, may be required to renounce such status upon their appointment.
How to Apply
To apply, and to view the full job description please visit:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from UNFPA
Humanitarian Specialist/ Head of Hodeidah HubDeadline:04 Oct | Hodiedah
Programme Associate, Youth & Population and DevelopmentDeadline:04 Oct | Aden