Governorate Officer/Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Governorate Officer/Engineer
Reports to: Project Manager
2- Overall Purpose :
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace.
TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM, WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment.
The Governorate Officers/Engineers will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the project in their respective governorates. They will work closely with the Project Manager and be responsible for the following tasks:
3- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of the detailed project plan
- Ensure project objectives align with government policies and priorities at the governorate level
- Conduct workshops with local stakeholders to identify sub-projects and develop work plans for implementation
- Prepares project documentation (drawings, bills of quantities, contracts, etc.) for infrastructure and building engineering projects utilizing approved formats; monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, TYF standards, and local building code/standards, ensuring that corrective action is taken as needed.
- Conduct social and environmental impact screening and assessment for sub-projects, taking gender into account, and produce a findings report with recommendations for social and environmental protection measures
- Supervises contractors and on-site work for all types of construction and rehabilitation projects and performs quality control during the design and construction of TYF-installed infrastructure.
- Management of contractors and contract execution to assure adherence to the project's scope, budget, and schedule, as well as the technical documentation.
- Assure that all on-site work complies with all applicable Health and Safety, Social and Environmental requirements, standards, and national and international best practices.
- Assure that the contractor provides a method statement for the work prior to its commencement and conducts a quality check on the document.
- Execute the inspection of construction materials delivered to the project, ensuring that they conform to the specifications and proposing corrective actions if the quality of the delivered materials does not conform to the specifications.
- Oversee the implementation of sub-projects in accordance with quality standards, timelines, and budget
- Ensure budget utilization and physical target achievements are reviewed regularly
- Ensure sub-projects are implemented in accordance with relevant technical guidelines and standards
- Regularly update the work plan and output tracker for effective project management
- Provide technical support to contractors and resident technicians during implementation
- Approve the executive works and raise the request for payment for contractors.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Conduct regular field visits to sub-project sites to evaluate implementation progress and ensure that all completed works meet the project's specifications, plans, drawings, and bills of quantities.
- Report on sub-project progress, including the number of beneficiaries and any outstanding land or other issues.
Liaison & Coordination Management
- Liaise with local authorities, site partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate the implementation of sub-projects
- Attend and facilitate meetings with stakeholders and provide meeting minutes and translation services as needed
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration with project stakeholders, including community leaders, public services providers, institutions, and the District Development Committees.
- Provide regular and timely updates on sub-project progress and challenges to the Project Manager and other team members
- Contribute to the development of external project progress reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided
Budget and Finance Management
- Review the BFU(s) and provide accurate forecasts with BOQs for sub-projects in the governorate
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for sub-projects and submit them to the Project Manager
Logistics and Procurement Management
- Collaborate with the Project Manager in the compilation of Tender Documents (Relating to Consultancies, Supply of Goods, and Work) and the evaluation of Proposals.
- Contribute to the development of procurement plans for sub-projects in the governorate
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner for sub-projects
- Contribute to quality checks and procurement committees to finalize suppliers’ selection according to applicable scenarios for sub-projects
- Confirm the quality of material selection, if and when applicable, for sub-projects
- Ensure proper management and use of the project assets and stocks for sub-projects
- Manage resident technicians to ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics
- Undertake regular staff appraisals and follow career management for resident technicians
- Ensure resident technicians understand their roles and responsibilities
- Follow-up on work plans and daily activities of resident technicians
- Manage interpersonal conflicts and ensure capacity building among resident technicians in relevant sectors
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Proficient in the use of drawing software such as AutoCAD, Sketchup, or ZWCad.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in project management, preferably in the construction, engineering, paving road, WASH, Schools, HFs infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge of road/civil/structural engineering.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of Arabic.
- Excellent command (spoken and written) of English.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل