Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Field Assistant (WASH)
- Organizational Unit: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH)
- Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification: M3
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2022.029
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Wednesday 25 MAY 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Working under the overall supervision of the Operation Officer (WASH) and the direct supervision of the Project Assistant (WASH), the Field Assistant (WASH) will directly support and provide humanitarian assistance to persons in need.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the team by undertaking regular rapid and/or in-depth assessments across Marib (and other governorates as required) including through house to house assessments, IDP sites, set locations, at reception centres or through focus group discussions as required.
2. Support in conducting assessments and surveys of sites, collecting information on overall services available, including WASH, health, protection, shelter, among others covering the basic needs of the population.
3. Support in verification of beneficiaries as required, and in coordination with the Programme Assistant.
4. Contribute to distributions as and when required to IDPs, returnees, host communities, migrants and other individuals
selected for assistance under IOM’s various assistance programs, if and when required.
5. As guided by the Programme Assistant, support in monitoring disbursements of funds and financial service providers, ensuring assistance provided is as per agreed amounts.
6. As necessary, support other teams with assessments, including the preparations of the assessment tools and focus group sheets and post distribution monitoring activities.
7. Assist other Project assistants as and when required in the implementation, distribution and monitoring of IOM’s other
WASH emergency response activities.
8. In coordination with the PA, prepare and submit field and progress reports including recommendations for improvement of project implementation.
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree/Certificate in related discipline, or an equivalent combination of academic and training.
- Minimum Three Years’ Experience (01 Year for Bachelor’s Degree holders) in the humanitarian sector preferable and working with vulnerable individuals.
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Posting period: 12 MAY 2022 to 25 MAY 2022
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IOM
Programme Assistant (RCCE & Hygiene Promotion - WASH)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (WASH. COMMUNITY MOBILIZER)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Junior Project Assistant (WASH/HYGIENE PROMOTION)Deadline:23 May | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (WASH)Deadline:25 May | Ma'rib
Project Assistant (M&E)Deadline:25 May | Al-Mukha