Pharmacist Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Pharmacist Assistant
Band / Level / Grade: 9 A
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
The pharmacist will supervise field pharma stores in Lahj governorate ensuring good storing, distribution, and reporting of pharmaceuticals and follow up the stock management in all supported health units
- Entering data of drug consumption by using computer systems to process information of consumption.
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals items and supplies as per consumption to all health facilities (HFs) & Mobile Health Teams (MHTs) with appropriate documentation using standard monitoring tools.
- Ensure sound data collection (hard copies) are in place for ongoing distribution and monitoring of pharmaceuticals at IRC supported area.
- Conduct regular supportive supervision to all health units to ensure appropriate feedback and mentorship takes place.
- Ensuring medicines are stored appropriately and securely at Health unit’s stores.
- Ensure that an up-to-date inventory is maintained for the health unit field stores.
- Assist the pharmacists at health units are supplied with the necessary tools to monitor supply movements and the reporting formats as well as capacity development of pharmacy assistants.
- Ensure that all stock movement records are appropriately maintained and organized including hard copies records of stock cards and bin cards in all HFs.
- Participate in conjunction with the logistic staff and field manager to conduct Final Year & cycle inventory.
- Collect, archive weekly & monthly consumption reports from all IRC supported health units.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Pharmacy Manager/Health Manager in accordance with the position
- Diploma in Pharmacy, or Medical Assistant.
- Minimum three years professional experience with drug stock management activities.
- INGO experience preferred
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Case Management Assistant (Mobile Response)Deadline:24 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Senior Client Responsiveness and Accountability OfficerDeadline:25 Oct | Aden
Nutrition AssistantDeadline:24 Oct | Abyan
Roving Field CoordinatorDeadline:27 Oct | Al-Dhala'e
Health OfficerDeadline:01 Nov | Lahij