Job Title: IYCF officer
Duty Station: Aden
Deadline: 24th Sept. 2021
International Medical Corps has maintained a presence in Yemen since 2012, providing lifesaving support to people in need. In 2015, International Medical Corps transitioned its development-focused nutrition and health interventions to a rapid emergency response in order to provide lifesaving health and nutrition support to the people due to the ongoing humanitarian emergency. International Medical Corps so far has expanded its integrated health, nutrition, food security, and WASH activities to the most severely affected governorates in the country.
The position will be based in ADEN and will report to the Senior Nutrition Officer. The person will be responsible for managing IMC’s Nutrition, and all Nutrition programming across the field sites and for ensuring implementation of the project in accordance with the IMC set standards and protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Programme Planning, Management and Development:
- Spearhead all Infant and Young Child Feeding activities at Health facility and community level through Mother support group approach, working with Community Health Supervisors and CHVs.
- Support in establishment of Mother Support groups in the project area, ensure that on a monthly basis the groups are supported to carry out IYCF and Hygiene sessions.
- Assess Mother Support group progress they are making, by participating in Mother Support group sessions, provide support needed. Organize with procurement and logistics in procurement and distribution of the mother support group’s supplies/materials.
- Support in establishment of Baby and mother friendly space and ensure it is functional at Health facility level.
- Provide technical support to the midwife’s/health facility workers in order to have IYCF counselling services provided to mothers/caregivers, with challenges/difficulties in practicing optimal IYCF.
- Train the Community health workers/volunteers on how to use the IYCF and Hygiene promotion IEC material, to enable them effectively deliver Key messages, in a manner that it is easy for the communities to remember, and adopt the practices.
- Working closely with Health and WASH team, nutrition treatment team, to ensure that nutrition messages are intergraded in all Health facilities and outreach activities.
- Draw and share weekly social behavior Change interventions plan, collect weekly and monthly data and submit reports timely to the nutrition manager and Senior M&E officer.
- Develop innovative methodologies that will enhance effective sharing of IYCF and hygiene messages, that are acceptable and adheres to the community culture and norms.
- Work closely with the community and create feedback mechanism path way, that will enable communities to provide feedback to the program and that the program team respond to issues raised by the affected population timely.
- • Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
- • Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to Senior Nutrition Officer
directly supervise IYCF Assistants
This position demands a highly organized and dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in medicine, dentistry, Nursing, medical assistant or in nutrition/health is required.
- At least 1 years of relevant work experience in CMAM and IYCF.
- Previous experience working for an international NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Good report writing skills and strong in use of MS Office, EXCEL, Email applications.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.” International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please send your CV to: IMC-AdenHR@InternationalMedicalCorps.org and please write the job title in the subject line of the email.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل