RH-GBV Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
JOB TITLE: RH-GBV Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 5 months
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian-based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The officer will be responsible for contributing to the timely and quality implementation of activities, deliver continuous technical coaching, perform monitoring and evaluation of the quality of GBV related work and capacity building of staff who s/he will be working with in GBV prevention and response. guarantee the proper functioning of the Referral Policy in the mission by following referred cases and following the medical and administrative functioning of the health structure(s) where BFD refers to. And respond to cases of GBV in the camp and ensure effective case management and GBV prevention activities, respectively.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support in mainstreaming GBV protection, prevention and response
- Ensure daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Gender-based violence- related projects and interventions.
- Initiate planning for longer-term GBV prevention and response activities, including referral pathway and standard operating procedures.
- Provides technical support to the medical mobile team and HFs GBV Psychosocial focal point at field level with specific capacity-building tools, , awareness, guidance , training on PSS, and GBV interventions to ensure the relevant components are consistent with the project results and the GBV Prevention and Response.
- Carries out regular field visits to provide technical support to implementation of activities and to monitor progress, advising medical staff as per need
- Ensure strict adherence to confidentiality for all case-related information; protect the identities of clients in the design and implementation of all activities.
- Referring women at risk to appropriate services and ensure post referral follow up;
- Ensure proper documentation of data collected (hard and soft copies)
- Write field visit weekly reports on major findings, needs and problems faced
- Ensure adequate project monitoring systems and evaluation procedures are in place applying appropriate tools in order to collect and update all progress indicators for the project
- Act as the focal point for all Gender related issues
- Manages all incoming and outgoing referral processes
- Ensures the referral system is running smoothly according to the BFD SOP.
- He/she is responsible for the overall management of referral focal points at hospitals level
- Builds and maintain good relationships with relevant agencies and service providers
- Responds to case feedback and complaints and ensure services are provided to beneficiaries in a proper way
- Refreshes list of contacts and services provided by each referral hospital.
- Archiving all referral documents and keep hard and soft copies
- Facilitates admission procedures for the patients that are referred from the destination Hospital in case of facing any problem, and do the regular follow up of the cases while admitted in the referral hospital and ensure that they are receiving good quality care.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Project Manager
- The position requires a flexible working schedule. Allowing working hours during day and night times if needed.
- University degree in medical science with good experience in humanitarian field at least two years relevant area work experience.
- Experience working with IDPs, returnees and vulnerable communities in camp and non-camp area.
- Management experience of GBV, PSS and Mental Health Projects.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the field
- Experience in case management, referrals, protection monitoring would be considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience working with NGOs/INGOs is highly preferred
- Fluent in Arabic and English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office
- Show diplomacy, good communication and has good interpersonal skills.
- able to take initiative and adapt to changing circumstances and priorities able to work to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Possess multi-cultural flexibility and experience
- Strong organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions
- Calm, listen rigorously, able to work under pressure and handle stressful situation
- Team player, and able to work independently
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل