Grants Manager (Re-Advertised)
Job Identification: 2689
Job Category: Donor relations
Posting Date: 09/13/2021, 08:54 AM
Apply Before: 09/26/2021, 09:00 PM
Degree Level: Bachelor's Degree
Job Schedule: Full time
** This position is open to Citizens of Yemen, Only**
The purpose of the Grants Manager position is to ensure effective grant management that supports the delivering of quality programmes in line with the NRC Country Strategy, Project Cycle Management and Plan of Action.
The Grants Manager will contribute to achieving high quality programming by ensuring effective grants management including, compliance requirements, reporting, timely and quality proposal development, and internal and external communication.
The Grants Manager will act as the focal point for the key mandatory activities under NRC’s Project Cycle Management (PCM). S/he shall ensure NRC programme/support teams are fully informed of relevant donor compliance regulations and NRC procedures, manage donor and other external reporting, and coordinate grant revisions.
S/he shall also support donor communication by ensuring effective channels of internal and external communications relating to grants are established and respected, as well as leading the development of proposals and opportunity identification.
- Build positive working relationships with other teams in the Country Office and Area Offices to lead and support development of high-quality proposals using relevant NRC Grant Management tools and guidance (Go/ No-go checklist, proposal development calendar, procurement plan, internal budgeting tool);
- Coordinate proposal development for NRC Yemen’s portfolio of donors;
- Work closely with budget holders, programme teams, and finance as well as other stakeholders to compile accurate proposal budget and assess whether all necessary costs have been included.
- Review donor contracts, flag any points that might challenge NRC’s procedures, and support contract negotiations;
- Work with finance team to support/advise them in development of internal budgeting tool and communication with field offices on allocated budget;
- Together with the Grants Coordinator, summarise in writing, key reporting and compliance requirements (compliance checklist) including potential issues for the PCM;
- Coordinate with Head of Programmes, respective budget holders and finance in order to ensure budgets are correctly allocated and aligned;
- Work with the relevant Area Manager/APMs/ CCS/PMs to ensure Grant Meetings are arranged and are actively leveraged to strengthen PCM.
Donor Reporting and Monitoring
- Responsible for the finalisation of donor reports ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports and that they meet quality standards;
- Highlight critical financial issues such as under/over spends, required budget revisions and internl (NRC) and external (donor) budget alignments in the systems to Head of Programmes, finance and Budget Holders, and follow up;
- Monitor grant payment schedules and income requests for respective portfolio, working closely with finance to ensure this is done in a timely manner;
Donor relationships and new business development
- In collaboration with the Head of Programmes, Media and Communications Coordinator, contribute to the development of country factsheets and other relevant information pieces for donor visits/meetings.
- Analyse new resourcing models, different types of partnerships and wider types of organisations for potential partnerships.Work closely with partnerships focal points and HoP to develop, review and negotiate.
- Support the HoP in donor relations, donor/funding strategy and ensure that the donor engagement plan is up-to-date and relevant.
- Be familiar with all NRC organizational and donor portfolio compliance requirements and ensure high quality management of grants through meeting of KPIs and deadlines;
- Support and advise programme colleagues with queries related to donor compliance on grants within portfolio;
- Coordinate Close Out of grants in respective portfolio;
- Assist in training and capacity building related to NRC Grants Management/donor compliance as required.
- Ensure all documentation required to be kept by donors is available within the Grants department by maintaining high standard information management/filing systems;
- Visit field offices to support with capacity building of staff and partners and monitoring purposes;
- Support the Grants Coordinators to ensure correct and up-to-date maintenance of Grants Tracker.
- Any other tasks deledagted by the HoP
For more information, click this job description
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 4 years of experience from a grants management position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors and donor relationship management
- Good knowledge of humanitarian donor guidelines and procedures
- Documented skills in formulation of project proposals and reports
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context skills, knowledge and experience:
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in programme development, management, fundraising and design in the humanitarian sector, preferably with refugee/IDP-related emergencies;
- Post Graduate Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or other relevant degree;
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial);
- Previous experience in managing staff/team
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract
- Senior Grade 8 in NRC's grade structure
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
**Apply by completing all the system required fields of your experience in your application**
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC requires staff members who travel on an international contract to the field to undergo an medical examination with our medical provider. Employees must produce a Health Clearance Certificate before departure stating that there are no relevant health concerns. If staff are unable to provide this, NRC reserves the right to terminate the Contract of Employment.
How to Apply
To apply, please click on the following link:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل