Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Programme Assistant (ME-CFM)
- Organizational Unit: CCCM
- Duty Station: Yemen , Sana’a
- IOM Classification: M 5
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2021.114
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Tuesday 26 Oct 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the CCCM National Officer, in close coordination with Sub Office management, and technical guidance of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the successful candidate will assist with information management, data quality checking, data gathering and analysis, documentation, reporting, and community feedback mechanism (CFM) of IOM’s programmes implemented by the CCCM unit across the country..
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the implementation of IM , M&E and reporting activities across the programme, according to the programme goals and objectives across CCCM, while elevating issues to the National Officer for corrective measures.
2. Assist with planning and monitoring of data collection and analysis activities; Ensure data collection and analysis is performed and reported in a timely manner, within budgets and as per calendar of activities.
3. Support the relevant units to document the process and activities of on-going projects such as capturing case stories for donor reports and other products.
4. Support the TPM as directed by the M&E Officer, including in the development and implementation of tools, liaison with teams on the ground, schedule.
5. Ensure the SMT is completed monthly across all sites, to a high standard and on time. Check site profile graphics and circulate the site profiles on a monthly basis.
6. Ensure timely reporting of the Internal Bi-Weekly SitRep and ExU Bi-Weekly SitRep for Marib base.
7. Support all hubs with the Project Indicator Reporting Tools
8. Ensure quality data entry and timely completion of the event tracker, CFW database, CFM database, site residency database, and population movement trackers.
9. Ensure all activities documentation been uploaded to OneDrive
10. Any other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree from an accredited academic institution in Social Science/Public Relation/Economics/Development Studies/ International Relations or other relevant disciplines with three- year experience;
- School diploma five years of experience;
- Substantial experience in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans, preferably with monitoring of field activities.
- Operational experience in the field in IDP/refugee and migration related issues, including technical cooperation, project development and project/programme implementation and evaluation.
- Proven experience with M&E methods and approaches, planning and implementation of M&E systems, information/data collection, entry, analysis and report writing
- Strong coordination, negotiation, mobilizing and facilitation skills.
- Experience in liaising with partner organizations, national and international institutions an advantage.
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance programming an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Ability and flexibility to travel frequently to required governorates.
- Good knowledge of UN, IOM and NGO mandates and programmes in the IDP humanitarian responses, post conflict construction and development.
- Familiarity with financial management and good level of computer literacy, including database applications.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Posting period: 13 Oct 2021 to 26 Oct 2021
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل