Social Policy Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Social Policy Officer, NO1, Temporary Appointment, 364 days, Sana’a, Yemen
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Humanity.
In the 1970s UNICEF established presence in Yemen to respond to the urgent needs of children in the poorest country in the Middle East. In 1991, Yemen ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child, and it was enacted immediately. Since then, the country has been making steady progress for children until it plunged into a brutal conflict in 2015 but even before that, Yemen needed large amounts of humanitarian assistance.
In collaboration with local authorities, non-governmental organizations and community partners, UNICEF is working in all the governorates in Yemen to respond to the needs of children throughout the country with a continuum of services to help children survive and grow to their full potential through the following programmes: Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Basic Education, and Child protection.
For more on our work in Yemen, please visit our website: https://www.unicef.org/yemen/
How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance of the supervisor, the Social Protection officer is accountable for providing technical support and assistance in all stages of social protection programming and related advocacy from strategic planning and formulation to delivery of concrete and sustainable results. Mainly the focus will be on programmes aimed at improving social protection coverage and impact on children. This encompasses both direct programme work with government and civil society partners as well as linkages and support to teams working on education, health, child protection, water and sanitation.
The key roles and responsibilities for the Social Policy Officer are as per the following:
1. Strengthening social protection coverage and impact for children with disabilities, and the IMSEA project in particular
2. Improving data on CWDs poverty & vulnerability and increased use for policy and programme action
3. Strengthening capacity of local governments to plan, budget, consult on and monitor social services focused on children with disabilities.
4. Contributing to the strengthening of advocacy and partnerships for disabled children-sensitive social policy
5. Supporting the launching of the economic empowerment activities
6. Contributing to the quality assurance, monitoring, reporting of the economic empowerment activities and inclusion of children with disabilities implementation.
For more information of the Job Profile, please press CTRL & double-click this file: Social Protection Officer Level 1, Temporary Appointment, Sana'a .pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: Economics, Public Policy, Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, or another relevant technical field
- A minimum of one year of relevant professional experience is required.
- Experience working in a developing country is considered as a strong asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as a strong asset.
- Fluency of the Arabic and English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are:
Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
Works Collaboratively with others (1)
Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل