Health Field Officer (2) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Health Field Officer ( 2 )
- Grade: C 2
- Organizational Unit: Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS)
- Report To: YRCS HQ Health Officer, Project Coordinator
- Duty Station: YRCS Branch (Syaoon and Dhamar)
- Duration of Assignment: 6 Months
- Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
Health Field Officer contributes to implementing, running and monitoring the health programme(s) in cooperation with the health team, according to the objectives set out in the YRCS annual planning (Planning for Results) for a specific geographic area or field of activities. Based on the skills required for this position, s/he has the capacity to oversee programmes with a degree of autonomy (e.g. delegations with remote management) and/or deliver services with autonomy (e.g. hospital settings) and contributes actively to planning and coordinating health activities at field level.
He/ SHE will be asked to implement and run and supervise first aid activities in his area of responsibility.
- Implements health and first aid programmes within his/her geographic area or field of responsibility/ expertise
- Assists the Health Coordinator or Health Project Manager in designing operational strategies and planning the health programme(s) at local/facility and national levels.
- Conducts assessments and regular field visits (when relevant) to monitor activities and health-related threats to the population; makes FTP .
- Ensures proper management of information collected and appropriate, relevant reporting: collect data and fill in the monthly MAD of the supported HF
- Participates in analysis of and reflection on the overall health situation; contributes to realistic project proposals in line with the health programs objectives and priorities.
- Helps organize meetings; advises staff members on various matters such as culture, politics, the economy, security, etc.
- Ensures regular supply to the supported health facilities or outreach activities, raise regular and ad hoc request monitors consumption in PHCs or outreach activities and adapts the supply.
- Ensures good provision and access to preventive care activities in the supported outreach or PHCs. Ensures quality of care by informal and formal training of staff in the community or in supported HF.
- Carries out administrative tasks of health department, makes expenses forecast, working advance request and incentive requests, receives the DCs and up-loads them into the system.
- Facilitates communication with and organize training of first-aid response providers and takes part in analysing the overall first-aid response system (including coping mechanisms and resources).
- Carries out logistical tasks related to first-aid items and organizes distribution to beneficiaries and/or contacts in the field when required.
- Interprets at meetings and translates documents into local languages.
- Liaises and builds networks with local stakeholders to facilitate communication on and coordination of activities, thereby ensuring more efficient implementation of health programmes. Represents the YRCS vis-à-vis national authorities.
- Degree in medicine, nursing or other relevant health profession .
- Qualifications in public health or health management are a strong asset.
- Fluent written and spoken command of Arabic and English.
Professional Experience Required
- 3 to 5 years of total work experience in the field of expertise.
- Good connections with local health authorities or groups of interest for the YRCS.
- Excellent knowledge of the assigned geographic area.
- People management
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Beneficiary & Client focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل