Human Resources Manager
(National Position open to Yemeni citizens)
As HR Manager, you will oversee, manage, develop and strengthen all HR functions, in order to provide efficient and effective Human Resources support to the NRC Yemen Country Programme. You will ensure utilization of the HR system in accordance with NRC Standards to support programme/project implementation.
- Implementation of the Global Standards and initiatives at the Yemen Country Office
- Contribute to the Country Organization’s strategy and the Plan of Action by providing input and initiatives and follow up on completion and roll out
- National staff development and capacity building focusing on new HR staff
- Support and guidance to national and international staff
- Strengthen the recruitment processes ensuring adherence to the minimum standards
- Strengthen training and inductions / on-boarding.
- Improve the quality of Performance management conducted by line managers across the Yemen country office.
- Maintain a healthy and empowering office environment that encourages open, honest, and productive communication.
- Support line managers in procedures that require support team trainings.
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and the national labor law in all processes and procedures
- Advice on staff conflicts/processes where relevant; coordinate staff recruitment and exits, introductions, trainings, staff benefits schemes etc.
- Align, implement, and maintain NRC HR systems, policies and procedures and ensure they are implemented in accordance with NRC policy and guidelines. In so doing, ensure that the HR policies and procedures in Yemen are consistent with local government laws and good practice.
- Guide senior management team and line managers on HR processes such as recruitment; induction; staff development; performance management; reward etc
- Update staff on HR policies, processes and procedures.
- Provide technical support to the Managers and the HR focal point persons during recruitments and selection in the region and through the NRC People System.
- Align/design, implement and maintain an effective and efficient staff record and filing system including contracts, leave, medical, archiving etc
- Manage staff benefits schemes like medical, insurance, accident insurance.
- Ensure timely processing of the payroll for Yemen offices.
- In consultation with the Country Director and Area Managers, address staff grievances and disciplinary measures
- Coordinate all NRC staff training and development in accordance with NRC Handbook and decisions taken by the management in Yemen.
- Coordinate new HR initiatives from NRC Regional and Head Offices.
Please click this job description for more details on the role
Generic professional competencies:
- University degree in Human Resources Management, and/or relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior HR Adviser / Manager in a humanitarian / recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in country
- Experience of the management of HR systems supporting 300 + staff
(Please send your application in English)
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility: At NRC, we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative
- 12 months fixed term contract
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply but we are also open to external applicants who can show a commitment to NRC and being part of a challenging, but important mission to make a difference.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site
Click this email to contact the recruitment team; quote the full name of the advert on your subject line. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks.
NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل