Hygiene Promoter Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Hygiene Promoter Officer
Duty Station: Sana’a Office
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergencies, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance
Under the supervision of the Senior WASH Officer, the Hygiene Promotion Officer will be responsible for correct delivery and impact of hygiene promotion activities, good participation of target communities and other local stakeholders in close collaboration with Project partners. The Hygiene Promoter will also be responsible for training the community on hygiene and providing feedback for purposes of improving program quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
List essential job responsibilities in order of priority. Consider the percentage of time engaged in activities. When feasible, essential responsibilities should be described in terms of outcome rather than task-oriented.
- Coordinate with Local Authorities Cluster, LNGO, INGO, and other Partners in the field
- Implement hygiene promotion activities in close collaboration with Wash Engineers and HP team with the guidance of senior Officer and Manager Provide regular reports on hygiene issues and program progress against work plans and program activities.
- Assist in establishing rapport with the beneficiaries and help in sensitizing beneficiaries about various aspects, requirements, and information needed to ensure participation in the project’s activities.
- Support the development of hygiene promotion materials
- Ensure distribution of hygiene kits and document good practices.
- Support in the development of Hygiene promotion messages and IEC materials
- Conduct training sessions for partner staff, community-based volunteers/ natural leaders, CHVs, and the school community.
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure good implementation of hygiene promotion awareness sessions held by staff or community volunteers.
- Supervise and conduct validation of beneficiaries, water trucking, water monitoring.
- Ensure good archiving and documentation of Hygiene Promotion activities.
- Ensure good and accurate data collection and reporting against project monthly achievement and progresses.
- Supervise activities in the project areas to address key hygiene practices such as focus group discussions, community meetings, campaigns, drama presentations, and other relevant approaches.
- Supervise the process of needs assessments, baseline, and other periodic studies.
- Ensure that projects are carried out with participation from all relevant stakeholders, including conflict-affected people; mainly, children, women, and other vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, elderly people, people affected by diseases, etc.
- Take part in the coordination process of the integrated WASH approach with engineering staff to ensure that the various aspects of WASH responses are integrated.
- Liaise with FSL, Health, and Nutrition teams to have an effective multi-sectorial response.
- Arrange and supervise monitoring and evaluation of project activities as agreed in a monitoring and evaluation framework, while ensuring collection of data on time.
- Regular reporting to Senior WASH Officer, Data Assistant, and WASH Manager.
- Any other tasks assigned to him/her by the WASH Manager.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse: Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps.
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Reporting to: Senior WASH Officer, Senior Hygiene Promotion Officer , WASH Manager
directly supervise: Water community supervisor, HP assistant
Describe specific expectations in terms of qualifications, education, or skills that are requirements for this position.
- Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health, or related Social Sciences or any related field in hygiene and sanitation practices or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience, previous experience, and its environment an added advantage.
- Knowledge of WASH promotion, and ability to develop training on the topic.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with a team
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- English fluency and writing skills are required.
- Ability to engage with local communities in rural areas.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل