Project Assistant (MHPSS) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: PROJECT ASSISTANT (MHPSS)
- Organizational Unit: MHU
- Duty Station: Yemen , Mokha
- IOM Classification: M 4
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No. : CFCV2021.101
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Saturday 02 Oct 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Migration Health Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, the incumbent is responsible for providing health services to migrants and IDPs and conflict affected people. He/she will:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the provision of health services to target beneficiaries in the vicinity of the given health facility.
2. Under the guidance and supervision of the technical experts, assist in the delivery of standardized and quality primary health care services and mental health & psychosocial support (MHPSS) to vulnerable migrants and IDPs and hospital referral for patient with needs for specialized services.
3. In coordination with supervisor, support the MHPSS team and team leader with coordination of IOM MHPSS activities with the Sana’a hub team.
4. Support the Unit in carrying out day to day activities to ensure the highest level of quality of MHPSS services at IOM/IOM supported health facilities is maintained, including but not limited to, effective support of survivors of GBV and referral to the protection unit, individual and group counselling sessions, etc.
5. Maintain documentation, filing, archiving of all Case Management Records to ensure that the confidentiality and integrity of the records are maintained
6. Support in systematic data collection, compilation and reporting on all health activities are provided to Sana’a
7. Assist in collection of beneficiary stories and service evaluations in coordination with the IOM Migration Health Unit (MHU).
8. Undertake other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma /Certificate / Training in Psychology from an accredited academic institution, with two years of continuous professional working experience preferably in migration or public health; An additional post graduate qualification is desirable; knowledge of structures and functions of national health systems, international health agencies, donors and organizations.
- License/qualification to practice psychology in the country is mandatory.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff and create team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated ability in project proposals and reports writing.
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
Languages: English and Arabic
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل