WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Aiming to feed 13 million of the most vulnerable people with food assistance, WFP’s emergency response in Yemen is the agency’s largest anywhere in the world. WFP also provides nutrition support to 1.7 million children and mothers, and delivers school meals to 850,000 children each day.
These job is found in WFP Yemen, Aden. Job holder report to the Administration Officer or the designate. Job holder is either assigned to provide transport services to senior WFP staff (i.e. Regional or Country Directors), high ranking officials and visitors; and/or support coordination of transport-related services by planning and assigning the routes and schedules for other drivers, and planning the overall vehicle maintenance. The latter usually occurs in offices with a large pool of drivers and very busy transport services where a Dispatcher role is required.
To provide efficient and safe transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials or visitors, and/or provide support in coordinating transport-related services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
The applicant should be a Yemeni citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Yemeni work permit
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Good understanding of transport services and ability to coordinate routes and schedules for other Drivers.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Language: Fluency (level C) in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different. Fluency (level C) in English language is mandatory for Drivers at HQ.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide transportation to senior WFP staff, high ranking UN officials and visitors including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and the delivery and collection of various items following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
2. Plan and assign the routes and schedules for other Drivers, to support efficient transport-related services for clients.
3. Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities, to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
4. Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervisor on mechanical status to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
5. Efficiently plan and coordinate WFP vehicle maintenance to ensure vehicles are fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, assigned equipment on board is in a good condition to support safe and efficient services.
6. Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
7. Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills, to ensure administrative support to clients.
8. Others as required
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WFP is an equal opportunity employer.
- WFP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
- The applicant should be a Yemeni citizen or a foreign citizen with permanent Yemeni work permit
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online with:
- Use English language only
- Indicate all your job TOR
- indicate clear years of experience with each job (Month/Year)
- WFP staff who are still under probation period are not eligible to apply for another FT position.
- WFP staff on FT contracts must have completed one year in the current position to be eligible to apply for another FT position.
- By submitting your application, you have read the Terms of Reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong or incomplete information might lead to your disqualification in this recruitment process.
- Successful candidates vetted as viable candidates through the application process will be retained on internal roster for a two-year period and may be given further consideration for future similar specific position advertised in the duty station.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 08 December 2021
WFP never uses external recruitment agencies and recruitment is always is free of charge. WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. The selection of staff are made on a competitive basis and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Only applicants whose profiles meet the advertised job requirements will be considered and only within the announced deadline.
لا يقوم برنامج الأغذية العالمي بالاستعانة ابداً بأشخاص او بوكالات خارجية في التوظيف، علماً بان عملية التوظيف دائماً مجانية. يبحث برنامج الأغذية العالمي عن مرشحين من أعلى درجات النزاهة والكفاءة المهنية والذين يتقاسمون مبادئنا الإنسانية.
يتم اختيار الموظفين على أساس تنافسي ونحن ملتزمون بتعزيز التنوع والتوازن بين الجنسين. سيتم النظر فقط للمتقدمين الذين تفي ملفاتهم الشخصية بمتطلبات الوظيفة المعلن عنها، وفقط خلال الموعد النهائي المعلن
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from WFP
National Administration Officer(General Admin & Procurement)Deadline:05 Dec | Hodiedah
Administration Associate (Facilities & Assets)Deadline:05 Dec | Hodiedah
Programme Associate (M&E)Deadline:08 Dec | Aden
Monitoring AssistantDeadline:08 Dec | Aden
Admin Assistant (Guest House)Deadline:08 Dec | Aden