Deputy Head Nurse This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR DEPUTY HEAD NURSE
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF is currently recruiting for the following position based in Taiz Houban.
Title: DEPUTY HEAD NURSE
Code: MM06800 P
Report to: HEAD NURSE
Report to functional: HEAD NURSE
Area: MEDICAL AND PARAMEDICAL
Location: MSF-H, MOTHER & CHILD HOSPITAL, THB
Supporting the Head Nurse through delegated tasks and responsibilities and ensuring the provision of quality patient care by providing clinical supervision and training in the competencies related to their practice according to MSF Health standards and protocols in order to guarantee the security, continuity and quality of health care in the project. Fully assuming the Head Nurse responsibilities in case of absence.
- Providing support in the clinical supervision and training (e.g. triage, workflow, stock keeping, effective assistance and own regular ward rounds, proper documentation, adherence to MSF policies and protocols, health education, support to staff during procedures, etc.) based on identified needs.
- Managing the Nurse Supervisors when Head Nurse/Nursing Activity Manager is absent.
- Collaborating closely with the team in order to provide continuous quality of nursing care and patients safety in the projects, up holding and respecting the charter of MSF and ensuring that patient interest and autonomy are respected at all times.
- Covering weekend duties according to need and supporting weekend supervisors to provide appropriate supervision for all wards. Attending ward meetings and the weekly medical and expat meetings.
- Providing support in ensuring appropriate infection prevention and control in the hospital.
- Providing support in maintaining an efficient ward administration i.e. good follow up of the bed status, patients’ movements, ward registers, filling of patients.
- Providing support in checking, reviewing or providing new training on patient and staff safety and hygiene e.g. standard infection control precautions, procedures in case of accidental blood exposure, waste management, etc.
- Providing support to medical department in consumption, ordering and appropriate use of pharmacy items (ensuring the weekly orders are done , managing expired items and regular inventories) In close coordination with the project biomedical service supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating and communicating future needs.
- Collaborating with logistics and the Hospital Facilities Manager in ensuring that the infrastructure is maintained in good condition, non-food items are tracked and kept and transfer systems in the hospital are organized.
- Supporting the supervisors in the associated HR processes for their team under their responsibility (training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) and in planning and organizing their work (rosters, replacement for absences, etc.) and in writing incident reports, disciplinary proceedings as appropriate
- Providing support in ensuring proper and timely collection and registration of data for inpatient and outpatient departments and participating in monthly reporting according to management guidelines
MSF Section/Context Specific Activities
- Direct line manager of all medical department supervisors (Paediatrics, Neonate, ITFC, ER-TC-RU), maternity, and OT
- Provide support to the department supervisors on nursing medical management, staff management, supply and stock management, and program evaluation.
- Coordinating and supervising the IPC activities
- Ensuring quality of care in the hospital
- Staff evaluation done on the direct line supervisee and ensure departmental supervisors accomplished evaluation on their supervisee on time according to MSF HR policy.
- Monitor and ensure staff positive behaviors toward MSF beneficiaries across all the departments.
- Ensure effective departmental collaboration with medical doctors, HR, supply log and Tech log.
- Supervise the implementation of new vital signs auditing across the MCH.
- Ensure all MSF nursing protocols and guidelines are updated, enforced, and available in the department
- Organize and implement training plan for the nursing staff
- Ensure reporting of any medical, near miss, or adverse medical incidents and support the follow up of any identified actions.
- Participate in the patient feedback system (assess situation, improvement plan, and monitoring)
- Ensure and/or coordinate administrative information and data collection tasks and ensure regular reporting (MMR, quality of care audits, etc)
- The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
Staff are not allowed to chew QAT during working hours. Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises. The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by their line manager.
- Bachelor degree or diploma after secondary school with 10 years’ experience in nursing field and valid nursing certificate license.
- Nursing and systems-level experience (either supervisory or managerial)
- Maternal and/or paediatric, ER, TFC, IPC program experience is an essential.
- Experience as a nurse supervisor in MSF hospital is an asset.
- Experience in both medical and surgical nursing considered a plus
- English and Arabic essential.
- Computer literate (Word, excel, internet)
- Excellent writing and communications skills at influencing level
- People Management and Development
- Commitment to MSF principles
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل